Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bose Wave/Yami Cinema DSP/Glass tube or: What's in your Home theater?

Trailer Park Casanova
    My wife is a sound system fanatic, lives for quality sounding tunes.
    The BFD when ordering the boat last month was her putting together the sound system with the tech.
    So now:
    We're re-doing the home theater and are checking out new home sound systems.
    What blew us back are the Glass vaccum tube sound systems on the market.
    Geeeze-us that deep sound is teriffic.
    Then the Bose Wave. Anyone have takes on it? How do you like it?
    Seems good and a quick way to get 'er done.
    Finally we set our sites on the Yamaha Cinema DSP.
    Nice, and priced right too.
    What do you run and suggest?

Tom Brown
    I suggest you learn the propper way to break in speaker and power cables.

Jbb
    9 volt transistor...

Tom Brown
    9 volt transistor...
    Brian is running an open collector system.

Beer-30
    My only input is on the Bose. It's fine for a college dorm room, but not a quality HT setup in your living room. Maybe a bedroom.
    They use ONE DRIVER in each of those cubes to (try to) reproduce all types of music and theater. It simply can't be done. Separate types of driver reproduce certain types of sound. This is why there are usually at least two types of drivers (speakers) in each enclosure: one for highs, one for mids, and usually the sub takes care of the lows.
    If you have one driver trying to do highs while it is also trying to do mids, it can't accurately do both at once.
    Bose is small and compact. If that is what you need, then it is right for you. If you have room for larger components. Demo speakers and find what you like. Then demo receivers to fit your style and needs. You'll be much happier in the end.

BlueNun
    I am a Home Theater installer by trade. We have a saying in my store which is
    "No highs no lows is must be Bose" translated means it is OK at best. Bose is now made in Mexico and I do not care for any of there products or the price to boot. Paper cones and foam surrounds for over $1000?? I dont think so. DO some research on Denon they have never let me done. The Yamaha stuff sounds ok but I am notin the loop with it. As for Tv's stick with Plasma nothing has the depth,dimension,or realizm of a Plasma Period
    That is my educated .02

rlj676
    Definitely stay away from Bose.
    Do some research on HT forums, etc.
    I found online only companies to be the best. You don't pay for the distribution channel and all the markups associated.
    I bought a SVS system online and am thrilled with it, it's worth checking out. I paid about $1100 for a full system with a sub that will blow away anything for more than my total system price.
    www.svsound.com

koolbreeze
    I am a Home Theater installer by trade. We have a saying in my store which is
    "No highs no lows is must be Bose" translated means it is OK at best. Bose is now made in Mexico and I do not care for any of there products or the price to boot. Paper cones and foam surrounds for over $1000?? I dont think so. DO some research on Denon they have never let me done. The Yamaha stuff sounds ok but I am notin the loop with it. As for Tv's stick with Plasma nothing has the depth,dimension,or realizm of a Plasma Period
    That is my educated .02
    It was my understanding that the plasmas are on the way out and LCD's were the way to go. while i agree, the picture of a plasma is great when the gases are fresh. i was under the impression that LCD technology was being pushed and plasma were being abandoned. am i misinformed or has anyone else heard this?

Jyruiz
    It was my understanding that the plasmas are on the way out and LCD's were the way to go. while i agree, the picture of a plasma is great when the gases are fresh. i was under the impression that LCD technology was being pushed and plasma were being abandoned. am i misinformed or has anyone else heard this?
    LCD is being pushed the most because it is a lot less expensive to produce, but falls behind in picture quality compared to plasmas. Pioneer just realeased there new Plasma technology at a very affordable price, so look for them to get back in the game. Panny is also not abandoning plasmas by any means, they will be using Pioneers technology next year at the earliest. Look for plasma to rebound in sales.

Jyruiz
    My wife is a sound system fanatic, lives for quality sounding tunes.
    The BFD when ordering the boat last month was her putting together the sound system with the tech.
    So now:
    We're re-doing the home theater and are checking out new home sound systems.
    What blew us back are the Glass vaccum tube sound systems on the market.
    Geeeze-us that deep sound is teriffic.
    Then the Bose Wave. Anyone have takes on it? How do you like it?
    Seems good and a quick way to get 'er done.
    Finally we set our sites on the Yamaha Cinema DSP.
    Nice, and priced right too.
    What do you run and suggest?
    I have listened to the Yamaha, and while it came the closes to producing a surround sound environment compared to others who use the same technology, it still fell short compared to a traditional 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 matrixed systems.
    I am not a fan of Bose.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast