Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bose Wave/Yami Cinema DSP/Glass tube or: What's in your Home theater?

Angry Inch
    I use a Harmon\Kardon reciever, with JBL speakers and a Sharp projector. All of the peices are roughly 10 years old and still look/sound good to me....
    I know none of my ish is audiophile quality; however, it is all top end comsumer level, and it's paid off.
    My next move will be to a DLP projector.

Jyruiz
    I use a Harmon\Kardon reciever, with JBL speakers and a Sharp projector. All of the peices are roughly 10 years old and still look/sound good to me....
    I know none of my ish is audiophile quality; however, it is all top end comsumer level, and it's paid off.
    My next move will be to a DLP projector.

Get a 3 chip DLP projector, then you will be set for another 10 years.

Flyinbowtie
    As far as speakers go, Klipsch is my personal favorite, Ross.
    As has been pointed out, they can sound bright due to the horn design, but I love them. You both need to listen them and others, and pay attention to the room size, shape, number of windows & doors, which all will impact the sound you hear.
    I have Klipsch in all four corners, the center, and the sub.
    When I can weasel my way around Cindy and into activating the THX portion of my reciever, I'll be havin' a couple more.
    The H/K and Denon stuff out there today is an incredible bang for the buck.
    I have a 3 year old top-of-the-line Kenwood Sovereign VR reciever, couldn't pass up the deal, but I was looking at an H/K.
    I like the fact that it detects the audio input signal and automatically switches between about 6 different options, then optimizes the output based on my presets. It works well with dummies, and I are one. It does more shinit than I'll ever figure out. One thing, get lots of Optical input/outputs, for HD/BluRay DVD and HDCD and HDMI for the H.D TV
    Go and listen to lots of stuff, together. Consider the room you're putting it in, and listen some more. Take music you like, and a DVD you've heard/watched on a good system. Spend some time.
    Then, choose what you like and ignore everybody else as you enjoy it.

socalmoney
    There are some good in-wall speakers out there but I don't recommend them for your main set up. Remember, your speakers need to be at ear level. Also putting speakers in the ceiling is a joke for movies.

socalmoney
    I read this site a lot when contemplating a purchase.
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/main.html

beaverretriever
    Denon AVR-5805CI is probably the best reciever on the market for the money (at least that is what my buddy just told me). It better be for over 7k
    He says there are recievers that are much more expensive but probably not as good.
    BTW, his home system had to be over 100k.
    My theatre in a box has been working good for 2 yrs now. Heck I won it in a work contest, so you can't beat that.

Jyruiz
    Denon AVR-5805CI is probably the best reciever on the market for the money (at least that is what my buddy just told me). It better be for over 7k
    He says there are recievers that are much more expensive but probably not as good.
    BTW, his home system had to be over 100k.
    My theatre in a box has been working good for 2 yrs now. Heck I won it in a work contest, so you can't beat that.
    That thing is a monster and have yet to meet anybody with one that has used it to its full potential, too many bells and whistles if you ask me. For that price, I would go with seperates.

BoatPI
    Check out Yamaha DSP, THX certified systems. I have their amp, and Polk speakers, 7.1,

Pussywhippled
    I have some ok stuff for my tunes...
    Denon, B&W, Velodyne...

Tom Brown
    It's interesting to read so many people bash Bose.
    There are some things Bose does better than anyone else. The single driver approach has tremendous advantages in a couple of areas. How many production loudspeakers are phase coherent at their crossover point? I would think close to zero, although there are some pretty decent speakers these days. Also, in the area of efficiency versus sound quality, Bose is unrivaled.
    I don't run Bose equipment myself, nor do my tastes lean in that direction, but I have developed quite a bit of respect for their gear over the years. Also, I had a Bose Cannon 20 years ago. Even now, that product is basically unrivaled.
    I've looked at the Wave and think it a great product. Wave's iPod integration didn't suit my needs like ExtremeMac's Luna so I went with the Luna (a somewhat similar product.... Luna is like a mini-Wave but with a way, way better user interface).
    The more I look at audio gear, the more really terrific products I have encountered. You could build a truly world class system with an assortment of different products tailored to an assortment of different tastes.
    I can certainly understand how some people enjoy the distortion added by a tube amp. It brings a warmth and texture to music over the clinical accuracy of the transistor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast