Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bose Wave/Yami Cinema DSP/Glass tube or: What's in your Home theater?

Tom Brown
    Oh yeah... what's in my theater.
    Denon receiver (but I also have a mid 70s Sansui amp and a mid 70s Kenwood amp and they both sound at least as good as the Denon for 2 channel, non-remote control work)
    Home made speakers (mostly Dennis Murphy designs but a couple of my own, as well).
    For source, I run a MythTV PVR system. It's the coolest piece of kit in my theater.

socalmoney
    Oh yeah... what's in my theater.
    Denon receiver (but I also have a mid 70s Sansui amp and a mid 70s Kenwood amp and they both sound at least as good as the Denon for 2 channel, non-remote control work)
    Home made speakers (mostly Dennis Murphy designs but a couple of my own, as well).
    For source, I run a MythTV PVR system. It's the coolest piece of kit in my theater.
    MythTV is sweet. Bose still sucks. It was over when they introduced the Accoustimass systems. I am sure the Wave system makes for a nice alarm clock but they don't cut it when it comes to high end home theater.

socalmoney
    Also let me add that seeing Tom Brown mention MythTV leads me to believe that not only is he funny but technically savvy. Did you build that box yourself Tom.

Riverdog1
    Poineer Plasma--low contrast ratio like under 1000:1 will allow it to last longer--not a gaming TV but definitely very good quality picture. I paired it with an Integra (Onkyo) processor and Atlantic Technology Surround speakers--good for music and movies and very good quality sound. This set-up was spendy though.

Beer-30
    There are some good in-wall speakers out there but I don't recommend them for your main set up. Remember, your speakers need to be at ear level. Also putting speakers in the ceiling is a joke for movies.
    I agree. In a perfect world, in-walls are not the way to go. In-ceiling even worse.
    BUT, we do not live in a perfect world and the wife said I could do whatever on HT - as long as there were no towers. So, the happy-medium was real good in-walls for lefts and rights / fronts and rears. The center is on top of the entertainment center. They do a real good job and I am picky on my sounds.
    It all depends on budget, wife situation, room situation, and what your ears like and don't like.

Sleek-Jet
    Also let me add that seeing Tom Brown mention MythTV leads me to believe that not only is he funny but technically savvy. Did you build that box yourself Tom.
    Never mind Brown... he's quite mad you know... and Canadian...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234