Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: just picked up mach26/twin promax's

TOBTEK
    WOW that was quite the deal. I have been looking for something for a while that would have beenn a great find.
    have you seen Havasucig old Mach26 with 2.5's thats forsale again? Think they are asking low 50's for that as well. Looks like its back out here on the westcost again- was back east for awhile. They haul ass with the 2.5's! Just a pain doing the pre-mix thing its in either the trader or OSO??

TOBTEK
    Mine worked better with 3 blades as well.....also worked with 4 blades, but 3 blades were were best.......30" Labbed 3 Merc Cleavers were best all around...just liked to throw blades...
    do you recall how low your motors were mounted? Mine were slammed at the bottom. We raised them one position up, and removed the whaletails, installed dans three blade 32's....at 97-98mph started bucking like a rodeo horse. Would have like to played more with set-up. maybe Chip will continue to. MAYBE those props didnt work cause they were off a Spectre????

02HoWaRd26
    Toby whats the deal with this other DCB for sale. :idea:

TOBTEK
    Toby whats the deal with this other DCB for sale. :idea:
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/86315886.htm
    HERE YA GO.

DCBDaytona
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/6/86315886.htm
    HERE YA GO.
    A buddy went and looked at HavasuCig's old Mach 26 with 2.5's...It definitely needs some TLC. Seems like the owner would take an offer in the 40's.

dschifan
    Why so cheap? I hear guys paying paying mid 60k for a boat like that.
    rick
    just right place at the right time! boat ran awesome this weekend made a pass at 96mph in front of needles

mbrown2
    do you recall how low your motors were mounted? Mine were slammed at the bottom. We raised them one position up, and removed the whaletails, installed dans three blade 32's....at 97-98mph started bucking like a rodeo horse. Would have like to played more with set-up. maybe Chip will continue to. MAYBE those props didnt work cause they were off a Spectre????
    Not sure Toby, I think he mounted them at the normal position...ie: Prop Shaft even or an 1 to 1.5 inch above bottom of sponson...the boat never bucked...it would react at the lower end better with the 4blade Cleavers but upper mid range and top end loved three blade better.....Also, I left the whale tales on...seemed to help with planing...but tough to tell as I never ran it with them off.

dicudmore
    I think this may be the answer Those props were Mazco's...I didn't care for them either. More rake than a Merc cleaver--my boat is a lot friendlier with Merc wheels.

DCBDaytona
    I think this may be the answer Those props were Mazco's...I didn't care for them either. More rake than a Merc cleaver--my boat is a lot friendlier with Merc wheels.
    Yes, the Mazco "OS" Cleavers are POS's in comparison to the Merc Cleavers!

dicudmore
    Yes, the Mazco "OS" Cleavers are POS's in comparison to the Merc Cleavers!
    I'm taking that to mean that you are not interested in purchasing said cleavers?? 14.5X32 3-blades...great wheel, for what boat I have no idea

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast