Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: just picked up mach26/twin promax's

DCBDaytona
    I'm taking that to mean that you are not interested in purchasing said cleavers?? 14.5X32 3-blades...great wheel, for what boat I have no idea
    For $500 I'll make good use of the set

Kilrtoy
    [QUOTE=TOBTEK;2737617]
    They might have worked on Glenn's because it was an Open Bow with tons of weight from the stereo...never "aired out" J/K
    I ran the 30P Bravos on a buddy's 2002 26 with X's...He thought something was horribly wrong with the hull/motors/steering until he got rid of those POSs. When I drove it, the hull acted DAMN weird, and almost had alot of torque steer. To be honest, I took it out past the Thompson's Bay bouys to Copper never getting over 70mph and was scared to drive it. It was pulling the transom in odd directions, almost making it seen like the boat was going to roll. I personally thought it was the steering as well..I just think the Machs cannot have that much prop in the water...they like to grab too much. Of all the props tried, Merc 15x30/32/34's worked the best.
    My buddy wanted a second opinion...So Mig jumped in the boat. He too was scared to death!
    I agree with you...In the single setup, whether a Mach or a Daytona, the Bravo is the Shiznit!
    Thne problem with the boat was plain and simple it was the props, he has a closed bow M26, the owner stated all the problems with the boat and I said it was the props. After thousands of dollars of work done to the steering system, I finally agreed to drive the boat and it scared the crap out of me and that was an understatement.
    You had to fight the boat at any speed and when you let off the throttle the boat would pitch in to a hard slide until you stabbed the throttles again, causing the boat to return to its uneasy stance
    The bravo props are stren lifting props and were raising the back end out of the water, in return pushing the bow into the water.
    I loaned him a set of clevers and problem solved.
    I know of people using bravo's but damn that is a scary way to drive a boat

Familycat
    just right place at the right time! boat ran awesome this weekend made a pass at 96mph in front of needles
    I quess so. It is exactly what I am looking for. I have been tossing around the idea of a Mach 22 with twins but really want a Mach 26 with 300X's. Still love the wind in my face so staying away from the F26 plus the F's are a lot more $. We bought a housboat on Don Pedro this year so Mach 26 would be perfect. I love the all white look. Having it ride on a triple axle trailer is a bonus. Congratulaions. What a deal. I'll give you 54K ha ha.
    Rick

DCBDaytona
    I quess so. It is exactly what I am looking for. I have been tossing around the idea of a Mach 22 with twins but really want a Mach 26 with 300X's. Still love the wind in my face so staying away from the F26 plus the F's are a lot more $. We bought a housboat on Don Pedro this year so Mach 26 would be perfect. I love the all white look. Having it ride on a triple axle trailer is a bonus. Congratulaions. What a deal. I'll give you 54K ha ha.
    Rick
    I think a Mach 22 with twins would be PERFECT for DP.

Familycat
    I think a Mach 22 with twins would be PERFECT for DP.
    I do to. I just don't want to spend the same amount of $ for a 22 as for a 26 and spend more on insurance on a 22. Just my $.02. If I could find a 22 cheap enough I would jump on it but guys are asking a good chunk. Probably worth it but for similar money I will buy a 26.
    Rick

DCBDaytona
    I do to. I just don't want to spend the same amount of $ for a 22 as for a 26 and spend more on insurance on a 22. Just my $.02. If I could find a 22 cheap enough I would jump on it but guys are asking a good chunk. Probably worth it but for similar money I will buy a 26.
    Rick
    Two completely different boats...it's almost hard to compare the two. On a lake like Don Pedro, I'd think a 26 would get pretty boring. As far as price, you're comparing apples to oranges. Here's the breakdown I see:
    2000 Mach 26 - Twin 300PMs, runs 100-103mph, okay acceleration, 500+ hours (possibly new powerheads), rebuilt lowers, etc. $53k.
    2000 Mach 22 - Twin 280s, runs 100-115mph, awesome acceleration, 100-150 hours, etc. $50k.
    You'd be quite suprised how close the 2000 Mach 22's and 26's were in price back then...close enough to be about 3-5k difference in price today.
    Just my $.02

02HoWaRd26
    http://images.traderonline.com/EMedi...58000001_1.jpg
    So what was the story on this boat it looks pretty good in the pic, I have never been into waka's but i am starting to like them more and more these days. What was it like when Havasucig or whomever had it, and what needs done now, if it is just interior and cleaning, i can handle that if it is Gel I don't get into that and I am too picky

DCBDaytona
    http://images.traderonline.com/EMedi...58000001_1.jpg
    So what was the story on this boat it looks pretty good in the pic, I have never been into waka's but i am starting to like them more and more these days. What was it like when Havasucig or whomever had it, and what needs done now, if it is just interior and cleaning, i can handle that if it is Gel I don't get into that and I am too picky
    I suggest you go take a look for yourself, and more importantly, take it for a test ride. PM me if you'd like specifics.

Sandbar Mike
    just bought the boat it is a 2000 mach26 with 300 promaxs. it has the 30p labbed bravos on it. what approx should i see for speed with these props and what is the best top end prop??? oh and bytw, thanks again tony!
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...CB_005-med.jpg
    Congrats on the new boat, very nice ride. Seriously, when you get ready to sell it, look me up.
    If I would have seen this on the market a few weeks back I would have bought it.
    Enjoy, be safe

Kilrtoy
    I suggest you go take a look for yourself, and more importantly, take it for a test ride. PM me if you'd like specifics.
    That sounds like some secret Kool Aid stuff

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast