Oh brother did I ever get E mails and PMs from boating folks over getting more cooling outta their RVs air conditioning at the River and Lake.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...06_013-med.jpg
I've been using the voltage booster I told everyone about, it helps (though one overloaded and caught fire), but we NEED even more so:
Don't know if you know the difference between Air Conditioning and swamp coolers.
But A/C uses freon and a compressor, and the swamp cooler uses the evaporation of water to cool and draws a lot less power to operate.
When Wet bulb and dry bulb temps approach each other swamp coolers don't work so great.
But in most desert areas, they work pretty good most the time.
Also, several RV swamp coolers have been on the market since the 1960's.
Most of them worked really crummy or not at all.
Poor design. Gave a very bad reputation to RV swamp coolers.
But an old guy that lived in Las Vegas, had a brainstrom and built an RV swamp cooler that worked very well.
It wasnt the drip down the excellsior pad set-up, but a unique misting into a element system that was spectacular.
Damn it work'd and cooled great.
But:
He passed away,, his company folded and that was that.
So:
All the other RV swamp coolers on the marker were crap. They just don't work. I've checked them all out and they suck.
We were in Page Arizona at Lake Powell last month.
http://bbachman.bizland.com/TurbokoolUnit.jpg
I saw an old jasper with a camper with inviting graphics and a TURBOCOOL demo RV swamp cooler on the roof..
I check'd it out and it was cooling fantastic. I mean supurb. I opened the back door of his camper in the 113 deg. F heat and was hit by a blast of cool air.
He had eventually bought the rights and molds to the old, good working method swamp cooler after the original Las Vegas inventor passed away, and it's finally back in production.
Brother did it ever cool, and it worked quietly, and off the vehicles battery or optional solar panel.
Why we need it:
We camp all the time at Parker, Arizona.
It's only 30 AMPs to most campsites so we can only run one air conditioner in usually 105 to 112 deg F heat.
The RV parks Voltage drops to brown out conditions, the A/C in everyones RV's barely cool.
It's not enough. Our RV heats up too hot, and so do our neighbors.
So, we're going to install the TURBOCOOL to supplement the RV's A/C. It hardly draws any power, and with it's 12V DC system, doesn't effect the main park power.
It draws just a few amps off the 12v DC batteries and may perhaps be a welcome improvement.
So I'll snap some pix, and give a HB report of the results.
They ain't cheap, but their application is unique to our problem.
What the hell, I'll give anything that looks promising a shot.