Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Landing on a aircraft carrier

Screemy1
    When i was stationed on the USS Enterprise and USS Abraham Lincoln I would always go up and watch the flight deck activities during my off time.
    Here is a good video of a jet landing on a carrier.
    http://www.break.com/index/aircraft_...lots_view.html
    hey, I was on two carriers too...... the USS America and the Lincoln.... what years you on the Lincoln... me, 1997 in AIMD shop 8 on the America, I was the XO's assistant.... you know, brown nose job with all the perks

River Lynchmob
    Two very cool videos.

DMOORE
    Never stationed on a carrier, but we worked off the Carl Vincent in the Gulf when I was at SEAL Team 3. Always a thrill seeing the birds come in.
    Darrell.

SnoC653
    My dad flew off the USS Boxer in WWII and Korea. Only ship I've ever got to land on was a destroyer, i think, out in the North Atlantic flying mail to them in a UH-1. Sure does make you glad to see that ship and landing on a pitching deck gave me a whole lot of respect for the navy fliers that did it all the time.

hotlavey
    When i was stationed on the USS Enterprise and USS Abraham Lincoln I would always go up and watch the flight deck activities during my off time.
    Here is a good video of a jet landing on a carrier.
    http://www.break.com/index/aircraft_...lots_view.html
    That was great, thanks. As a former Air Force pilot I always had the greatest respect and admiration for those Navy/Marine pilots. They hit the mark everytime.

Wolskis_Bar
    Did 41/2 years on the Elliott in San Diego and did plenty of plane guarding. The connie, ranger, kitty hawk and midway during west pac. 1000 yards behind the carrier in case of man over board. It was cool at night when they flew over our boat, seemed like just inches above our mast. What was really cool, the carrier was black until just before the plane landed and the carrier lite up like Vegas, after the plane backed off the after burners, the carrier went black and it dissappered until it started all over again.

Caljamr
    hey, I was on two carriers too...... the USS America and the Lincoln.... what years you on the Lincoln... me, 1997 in AIMD shop 8 on the America, I was the XO's assistant.... you know, brown nose job with all the perks
    When the Abraham Lincoln went on it's first cruise they were short on Cryo Techs so i flew out on a friday and went on a 6 month cruise leaving Saturday morning. This was early 1991. It was really nice because everything was new compared to the Enterprise. But the Enterprise had so much more character and history.
    I only did 5 months on the Lincoln and it was time to leave the Navy. I was flown off the ship on a transporter. It was very cool. It was a prop plane and you sat backwards facing the rear of the plane. That was in case you crashed you had a higher survival rate when you hit the water facing backwards.
    The engines reved up the props were spinning you could feel the pressure of the preload then the launch. The worst part is when you feel the drop at the end of the ship. Your like wholly sh*t where going into the drink. Then you feel the plane start lifting and your up and away. Then i thought. I'm finally going home. But i then spent two weeks in Dubai trying to pickle my liver.

mobldj
    my dad was arrested for robbing gas stations,oh well

Thanks for posting the videos guys those are awesome.

Desert Rat
    Looks like it was taken from a S3 Viking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast