Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DON'T let topless watch your kids!

HavaSkank
    The bottom line, childhood obesity is a form of child abuse.
    Obesity is CURABLE, but children cant be expected to have the tools for a cure. It's the PARENTS responsibility to provide a proper diet and get their little bodies in motion.

HavaSkank
    This is from the Surgeon General:
    THE CAUSES OF OVERWEIGHT
    Overweight in children and adolescents is generally caused by lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns, or a combination of the two, with genetics and lifestyle both playing important roles in determining a child's weight.
    Our society has become very sedentary. Television, computer and video games contribute to children's inactive lifestyles.
    43% of adolescents watch more than 2 hours of television each day.
    Children, especially girls, become less active as they move through adolescence.

Sleeper CP
    What's exaggerated about my statement? Fat kids typically have fat, uneducated parents.
    The last I checked a dictionary there is a difference between the words "typically" and "caused". Is there not?
    Sleeper

HavaSkank
    The last I checked a dictionary there is a difference between the words "typically" and "caused". Is there not?
    My use of "typically" indicates a generalization is being made.
    I think I've provided enough definitions of "Causes" however websites from the AMA and CDC can be accessed if further definitions are needed.

HokeySon
    This is from the Surgeon General:
    THE CAUSES OF OVERWEIGHT
    Overweight in children and adolescents is generally caused by lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns, or a combination of the two, with genetics and lifestyle both playing important roles in determining a child's weight.
    Our society has become very sedentary. Television, computer and video games contribute to children's inactive lifestyles.
    43% of adolescents watch more than 2 hours of television each day.
    Children, especially girls, become less active as they move through adolescence.
    Well, this is the real problem I think. The young bucks out there ain't doin their job keeping the adolescent hotties "active"

MRS FLYIN VEE
    if you notice it is the uneducated skinny people who have a problem with fat overweight people because they feel they can control everyones lives when in fact they have no control over their own.maybe people should educate themselves on anorexia or bolimia. they are just as bad if not worse..people die faster being anorexic then being fat.. it goes both ways..

HavaSkank
    Well, this is the real problem I think. The young bucks out there ain't doin their job keeping the adolescent hotties "active"
    No shiat! Let's change gears on this thread and make it less anti-obesity and more PRO teen pregancy!

HavaSkank
    I agree completely Mrs.FV! Annorexia and Bulemia are equally serious health issues. 14 yr old girls who learn the joys of purging are NO different from the 14 yr old girls who have SUPERSIZE ME tatted across their forehead.
    Other countries are fascinated by Americans and our grotesque health/eating habits.

Sleeper CP
    The bottom line, childhood obesity is a form of child abuse.
    Obesity is CURABLE, but children cant be expected to have the tools for a cure. It's the PARENTS responsibility to provide a proper diet and get their little bodies in motion.
    Lets see if we can agree on this: The same liberal school systems that have convinced parents to abrogate their responsibilities as parents IE: We'll feed your child breakfast, lunch and after school snacks in day care, but we won't make the little crumb cruncher exercise in school because they might sweat.
    At the Jr. High schools around here kids can sit around at PE because if the sweat they need to take showers and if they take showers other kids will see them naked . OMG. Alot of times these are the same Fat little phucks that are getting fat off of the school "Free" food programs. (Free my ass)
    The liberals are '"F" ing up things as usual.
    Are we on the same page here?
    Sleeper CP

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Lets see if we can agree on this: The same liberal school systems that have convinced parents to abrogate their responsibilities as parents IE: We'll feed your child breakfast, lunch and after school snacks in day care, but we won't make the little crumb cruncher exercise in school because they might sweat.
    At the Jr. High schools around here kids can sit around at PE because if the sweat they need to take showers and if they take showers other kids will see them naked . OMG. Alot of times these are the same Fat little phucks that are getting fat off of the school "Free" food programs. (Free my ass)
    The liberal are '"F" ing up thing as usual.
    Are we on the same page here?
    Sleeper CP
    agree.. also most schools are doing away with PE do to lack of funding.. But they will keep Band class..