Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Cooper advice????

Froggystyle
    Audrey is thinking about getting rid of her BMW 5 series wagon at the end of the lease (coming up shortly) and we have strongly considered the new Mini. I took one for a drive yesterday with some motor mods and suspension and it could best be described as two barrels of monkeys. In fact, that was how Car and Driver described it exactly. What a blast to drive. Lots of character, great fuel mileage and we are thinking of building a toterhome a little differently next time, and seeing if we can get this thing in the back of it.
    I think it is pretty fly myself. The new ones are turbocharged, and a nice set of rims, a little drop, bigger brakes and some turbo-timer/wastegate work might put it over 200 hp.
    Does anyone on here have any experience good or bad with the Mini's? Anyone know a tuner? Anyone race them? Anyone?
    Thanks ahead of time.

Jordy
    I took one for a drive yesterday
    Did you go rollerblading afterwards??? :idea:

Jbb
    Have you considered the................................Boxter...

2ndIINoneMotorsports.com
    We just installed a new set of lowering coils on the new mini...I wasnt able to test drive it since it was a customers car but it looked real nice with the new stance

Froggystyle
    Did you go rollerblading afterwards??? :idea:
    No... windy walk.

Screaming Pete
    brecht bmw seems to know alot about racing bmw's Tim the owner is a river peep also. i test drove one awhile back and brought it back with the brakes smoking. i'm not sure if they liked that

Froggystyle
    brecht bmw seems to know alot about racing bmw's Tim the owner is a river peep also. i test drove one awhile back and brought it back with the brakes smoking. i'm not sure if they liked that
    Do you know him personally? A referral perhaps?

yopengo
    I have a buddy that races SOLO in his Mini and an M3 (different classes). I have driven the Mini … and what a blast. He loves the Mini and has had no issues. We were looking at a Mini Convertible for my wife. They are very nice… just too small with kids.

conquestcat
    talk to Ziggy he owns continetal bmw in oceanside but there
    are only certain dealers that sell them so check with him
    brecht bmw would be the last place id ever buy one

Wet Dream
    Go drive a Miata. Pick any year, I like the NA's myself and you'll find mods galore for any of them. Lower em, blower em, turbo em, mod em, skirt em, and of course top down. The handling is unbelievable. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast