Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me about Jeeps!

nodigg
    I'm looking for a used one. What year got what improvements. What's good to have. What do I stay away from and so forth. I wanna stay around 10k so what can I expect to get for my money?

TCHB
    1. TJ 1997 and above!!!
    These models do not have leaf springs and ride much better with coil springs.
    A nice 3 inch lift kit is pretty easy to put on and not to much $$$.
    The four cylinder is ok with a stick only. On the trails you use the gears for power not the engine. The six is better on the highway!

Trailer Park Casanova
    1. TJ 1997 and above!!!
    These models do not have leaf springs and ride much better with coil springs.
    A nice 3 inch lift kit is pretty easy to put on and not to much $$$.
    The four cylinder is ok with a stick only. On the trails you use the gears for power not the engine. The six is better on the highway!
    Everything got better in '97.
    Electrical, fuel system, quite a few improvements.

BoatPI
    You can get a nice 99' Warngler for that Sport, auto, air, etc. i got one 1 1/2 years ago for 11K, only 77K miles. Hardtop, dana axles. Runs perfect today. I keep it in the Havasu garage.

DelawareDave
    97 up.
    Stick shift.
    Hardtop.
    Put Warn or MM hubs on the front.

Sportin' Wood
    I'm looking for a used one. What year got what improvements. What's good to have. What do I stay away from and so forth. I wanna stay around 10k so what can I expect to get for my money?
    Angie here--
    Rick, you should give Jeff a call. Do you have his #? If not, I'll PM it to you or you can get it from Tom. BTW, he finished the race last weekend in 11th place. Had some coil issues during the first lap. Shut us down for 8 minutes.

Tom Brown
    They are proven tow vehicles.

12BJeepin
    I have a 2000 6 cylinder sport for sale with 90500 miles on it. It was a special order with 4:10 gears, and a Dana 44 rear axle. I absoloulty love it, but we have our 3rd baby on the way, so I am @ a loss. It also has both hard and soft tops, A/C, auto, cc, tilt, ps, sound bar, and new tires. Everything on this is bone stock, with the exception of the 31" tires. There is nothing wrong with it @ all, and it will make its new owner very happy. I am looking to get 9k out of it.
    PM me if you want my #, and more details.

phebus
    I have a 2000 6 cylinder sport for sale with 90500 miles on it. It was a special order with 4:10 gears, and a Dana 44 rear axle. I absoloulty love it, but we have our 3rd baby on the way, so I am @ a loss. It also has both hard and soft tops, A/C, auto, cc, tilt, ps, sound bar, and new tires. Everything on this is bone stock, with the exception of the 31" tires. There is nothing wrong with it @ all, and it will make its new owner very happy. I am looking to get 9k out of it.
    PM me if you want my #, and more details.
    That's a very good deal. Someone should jump on it.

Baja Big Dog
    82 CJ8...curries front and rear....Corvette LT1 on nutrous...4L60 auto....who cares how smooth it rides!!!
    Get in...sit down...and shut the fock up and dont scream like a girl on her first period!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast