Thread: super trapp

sanger ss396
    i am looking at getting some super trap mufflers. i have a 454 with a medium cam with water log exhust with over the transome pipes which are steel. what are the pros and cons on super trapp's. i am using cork screw's but i am boarder line on the local db level up here please help thanks

To my knowledge the marine versions are no longer made.
    However years ago we used to sell them. Generally to achieve a passable sound level you had to remove so many discs that performance suffered. Also in alkaline or salt apps the discs became coated and clogged, again requiring performance problems, disassembly, and cleaning. Normal fresh water that wasn't much of a problem.

Kim Hanson
    i am looking at getting some super trap mufflers. i have a 454 with a medium cam with water log exhust with over the transome pipes which are steel. what are the pros and cons on super trapp's. i am using cork screw's but i am boarder line on the local db level up here please help thanks
    I have them in my boats exhaust and they are water cooled also, I have all the disks in them and they are as loud without them that way! They sure look like you have some kind of silencer attach though, the more disks out the quieter it gets........( . )( . )..............
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187325121

Kim why are you outside taking pictures of your boat at midnight.

Kim Hanson
    Kim why are you outside taking pictures of your boat at midnight.
    Cause I am gone to the Lake in the am :idea: ...........( . )( . )........

tittyman
    Larry, look at the latest catalog from Summit, page 66. They have them there put I don't know if it fits your application. I ran them on my first jet boat in the 70'S..didn't like them but they were easy to take in and out at the time...Jess