Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: msd ignition or stock?

IndianaTahiti
    I just put a 6al on mine and have a night and day difference,alot quicker throttle response:devil: Also I lengthened the wiring harness and put it up under the bow out of the elements.The only way its gonna get wet is if the boat sinks!!!

ck7684
    Keep the frickin' things dry!!

vtecracer11@hotmail.com
    so with the ready to run msd does that mean you dont have to set up the timing?

Konabud
    so with the ready to run msd does that mean you dont have to set up the timing?
    Just once. I have a RTR dist (no box) and it runs like a swiss watch, no problems here.

BrendellaJet
    MSD's fail when they are wired wrong = Installer Error!
    Very few fail for reasons other than that. MSD has a really good return policy(they'll fix it free if its their fault and even sometimes if it was yours). Wire it right and you will be fine. If not, you have to remember, if you make a million of something, there will be a few that just dont work. The odds of getting one of them are pretty slim.

speedymopars
    MSD's fail because they overheat. If you keep them cool, IE not under the hood next to a header without any airflow, they last a really long time. I kept killing MSD boxes on my van, was just about to give up, and moved it 2 feet into the airflow. 150K miles later (over 10 years) still going strong.
    Improved mileage, quicker starting and more power is what I have felt.
    I run MSD boxes on everything, I really like the new digital 6's.

biggraypig
    Make sure it will clear your intake manifold when you drop it in the hole. If you have an aftermarket intake some of the ignitions won't clear due to the higher runners on the intake, then the ignition will hit before it is all the way down where it needs to be.

BrendellaJet
    Make sure it will clear your intake manifold when you drop it in the hole. If you have an aftermarket intake some of the ignitions won't clear due to the higher runners on the intake, then the ignition will hit before it is all the way down where it needs to be.
    easy fix. Spin the collar off in a lathe(or other rudimentary approach) and put a slip color on it.

vtecracer11@hotmail.com
    i decided to use my new stock one and sell all the msd stuff check out the spam section.

thatguy
    Just once. I have a RTR dist (no box) and it runs like a swiss watch, no problems here.
    Ditto that!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12