Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a speed limit on the parker strip at night?

Tom Brown
    Not unlike this fellow...?
    http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...of_BUBBLES.jpg
    Simiar to that but with less wood.

HighRoller
    I forgot about the one other time we were cured of night boating south of Fox's. We left the Roadrunner with my friend's Dad as the DD. Fortunately he was sober, unfortunately he was not a good boat driver. We told him to point the bow downstream, throttle up and keep the trim down. We instantly were thrown back onto the rear bench seats as he trimmed full up getting on a plane and we did a huge wheelie! Then he asked, "where's the bow?" We kicked him out of the seat and my friend drove at 15-20mph because there was no moon and we knew there was a buoy at the 5mph zone by the Blue Water. Good thing. I saw the buoy 50ft out and we were able to slow down and avoid it.

Jbb
    Simiar to that but with less wood.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187409197

Tom Brown
    I forgot about the one other time we were cured of night boating south of Fox's. We left the Roadrunner with my friend's Dad as the DD. Fortunately he was sober, unfortunately he was not a good boat driver. We told him to point the bow downstream, throttle up and keep the trim down. We instantly were thrown back onto the rear bench seats as he trimmed full up getting on a plane and we did a huge wheelie! Then he asked, "where's the bow?" We kicked him out of the seat and my friend drove at 15-20mph because there was no moon and we knew there was a buoy at the 5mph zone by the Blue Water. Good thing. I saw the buoy 50ft out and we were able to slow down and avoid it.
    There's perfect proof that it's far safer to be hammered than to be inexperienced.

Jbb
    There's perfect proof that it's far safer to be hammered than to be inexperienced.
    RD can explain it best....
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181rd_21.jpg

Tom Brown
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187409197
    The goal is to get enough flight time to rub one out before returning to the controls for the re-entry.

Jbb
    The goal is to get enough flight time to rub one out before returning to the controls for the re-entry.
    That right there ...takes talent....

Tom Brown
    That right there ...takes talent....
    Indeed. Glastron owners are the best daredevils because of our deep sexual repression.

SK48
    Most dangerous night I have ever had on the river was throttling for Paul Tracy's girl friend in his 34' Magic, while she was chasing Robby Gordon's girl friend in his whipple charged Conquest cat. fortunatually it ended well at Sundance, with out any accidents. We ran about two passes from dam to dam at almost wide open throttle. Not proud of that incident, but it sure was fun at the time. The river is more crowded, and no wake speed should be the law after dark in my opinion. Glad no one got hurt.

I use to be a dumbass and run all night in parker 100+ sometimes dont know what i was thinking,glad i didnt kill anyone.One of my main things i use to do was haul people from sundance from 1-3am because the barge to take them home was always full could make a couple of hundred bucks and a few cases of beer in just an hour or so only driving far as big bend people would beg to get in even just put there girlfreinds in to get them back to camp.then about 7-8 years ago the police stepped up there night presence bigtime and i stopped runing at night for the most part,now i dont run at night period.The only place to go is the bars and i know im drinking so no need to even do it,even with a DD because i cant handle the way they drive not knowing the river plus the other drunks out there,sunset is the last the boat see's before it is pulled out for the night.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast