Thread: 300 PROMAX QUESTION

TOBTEK
    Im asking this for my brother again. He had a used 1999or2000? 300 promax put on his Lavey 20.8 sebring by Lakeland last month. The question is, IS SOMETHING WRONG? It is a dog out of the hole! He started with a 26 Bravo with big releaf holes, that didnt work. He has also tried a 22 Bravo(still sucked). Bro has tried the jack plate up and down on take off, Ive allways dropped my motors all the way down on take off, then trimmed it up. Richie has said that he is trying to push to much water??????? I would think a 300promax on that little hull should fly out of the hole. It has a sportmaster lower with 1:62 gearing(which is over heating with a brand new impeller neet) Any ideas?

HavasuDreamin'
    Overheating? You lost me on that last part.
    All I can tell you is how my boat performs (19' Daytona, Merc 2.4 Bridgeport). With a relatively light load, if I run the jack plate so that the nose cone is even with the center pod, and trim the motor in a little, it will cavitate some out of the hole, but not bad. If I sink the motor down and trim it in, it doesn't cavitate at all and jumps on plane easy.
    Something is wrong if there isn't much difference between a 26" and 22" prop. How much set back does he have?
    [ June 11, 2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

TOBTEK
    the overheating is a seperate issue, But he was warned about this lowerend heating up and was assured and reassured that it would not over heat....and ofcourse it does Im not sure on his setback, but I now its all of 10" or more(last time I saw it atleast. I dont think he has a prop issue, I think something else is amiss....?

kab
    I don't know if your brother has time or not, but take it back to lakeland marine. Have them take your brother out and run it. Lou and Richie are really good with outboards but every boat is different. Make them take the boat for a spin, I'm sure one of them will be more than happy to take it out. It should run really good.

TOBTEK
    kab:
    I don't know if your brother has time or not, but take it back to lakeland marine. Have them take your brother out and run it. Lou and Richie are really good with outboards but every boat is different. Make them take the boat for a spin, I'm sure one of them will be more than happy to take it out. It should run really good. ALREADY ON THE BOOKS... This will be the third time he has taken it back to Lakeland...btw. Hasnt been a real enjoyable experence so far. He has had many problems other then it not preforming like it should.

kab
    Well that bites!!!! I might give Eric Simon a call. He has a shop down in Santee somewhere, he is also good with outboards and is closer. Maybe he could tell your brother whats going on.

TOBTEK
    HEY H/S long time no talk. You must be busy. Thanks for your response, I'll pass it on to bro-ha.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/55Elimingreyflame-med.jpg[/img]

TUNNEL T 20.2
    toby , h/s is right try runnin the jack plate up it sure helped secret , my excuse for loosin is i was spinnin a 28 spinnelli and those damn daytonas pack more air than my little lavey! h/s i'll be back ! ut told me a few secrets that are in the works . toby tell your bro to give me a call i need more info on his boat . that boat should be running mid 90's ! ( remember my cousin has the same boat with a 2.5 i set his boat up and i have a hard time shakin him too! ) 925 516 7592 (TUNNEL T ) anthony

TOBTEK
    TUNNEL T 20.2:
    toby , h/s is right try runnin the jack plate up it sure helped secret , my excuse for loosin is i was spinnin a 28 spinnelli and those damn daytonas pack more air than my little lavey! h/s i'll be back ! ut told me a few secrets that are in the works . toby tell your bro to give me a call i need more info on his boat . that boat should be running mid 90's ! ( remember my cousin has the same boat with a 2.5 i set his boat up and i have a hard time shakin him too! ) 925 516 7592 (TUNNEL T ) anthony THANKS T/T.....I'll pass it on, well maybe NOT I dont want him to be faster then me

TOBTEK
    looks good H/S......someday soon we will have to meet up in HAVAFEW