Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal leavng the Marina

cola
    Loked like a solo acident near the Havasu Marina on the street late last night. Godspeed again.

DILLIGAF
    That sucks.......any details Mike? Nothing in the paper today

cola
    Tom, it was late I didn't think it wold make todays paper. Not how you like to start a weekend.
    Mike

DILLIGAF
    Tom, it was late I didn't think it wold make todays paper. Not how you like to start a weekend.
    Mike
    Not at all. I am heading down later today to go out on my friends boat. Be there tomorrow also.

lalhc
    What time did this happen? I left the Island after 8:30 pm last night.

cola
    11pm

Captain Dan
    Loked like a solo acident near the Havasu Marina on the street late last night. Godspeed again.
    How does a fatality occur from a one car accident in a 35 MPH speed zone? (Or was it a motorcycle?) Must have been a freak thing...

Baja Big Dog
    How does a fatality occur from a one car accident in a 35 MPH speed zone? (Or was it a motorcycle?) Must have been a freak thing...
    PSSSST Dan...in Some of the people in AZ go over the speed limit!!!!
    But dont tell anyone:jawdrop:

shadow
    Not at all. I am heading down later today to go out on my friends boat. Be there tomorrow also.
    Tom give me a hollar tomorrow,We will out on the water.

CityGuy
    Here's what we have:
    Charlie Cassens
    Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs
    Office – (928) 854-4212
    Cell – (928) 486-8879
    Fax – (928) 680-4892
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    August 17, 2007
    Police investigate fatal vehicle versus pedestrian accident.
    Lake Havasu City Police are investigating a fatal traffic accident which occurred at approximately 9:59 pm Thursday August 16, in the 1100 block of McCulloch Blvd.
    The victim, 28-year old Chad Wirtz, from Alta Loma, CA. was driving his 2006 Dodge Pickup on McCulloch Blvd westbound near the Lake Havasu Marina when he stopped in the painted median to retrieve something from his trailered boat. When Wirtz exited the boat he jumped into the path of an eastbound 2006 Nissan Sentra driven by 70-year old Laverne, California woman.
    Wirtz sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to Havasu Regional Medical Center for treatment. He later died of massive internal injuries during air transport.
    The driver and one passenger in the Sentra were unhurt and there is no evidence of improper driving on her part.
    The investigation is continuing and alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident.
    ###

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast