Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NorCal Jet Boaters

Why aren't you on the way to Berryessa???? I'm not going, so have fun!!!

Cas
    Why aren't you on the way to Berryessa???? I'm not going, so have fun!!!
    if we go, it's for a few hours on Sunday....too many things to do around here tomorrow. I also have a bid to give in the morning

GAWnCA
    Ok, so where are the bulk of the boaters located?

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
    GAW,
    I still thnk there could be room for another club for central / No. cal. Just my opinion, I think it might be kind of cool.
    ohc

GAWnCA
    GAW,
    I still thnk there could be room for another club for central / No. cal. Just my opinion, I think it might be kind of cool.
    ohc
    As you can tell, I'm in Sacramento, CA and I don't know of anything really close here. I have a hard time going very far. I've got a wife that is disabled and we are taking care of my 94 year old mother who is afraid to be alone for very long. I have a brother and a sister locally who could look after her once in a while.
    Greg

Greg,
    Give me a call sometime. I will fill you in on the groups.
    Tim
    530 320-0549

Cas
    Greg,
    Depending on where in Sac you are, there's probably 15 to 20 people within about 30 miles from you. The rest of us are scattered from Redding to Fresno and the Pacific Ocean to Reno/Sparks.
    The "real" get togethers start in May and end in October but there's usually quite a few spur of the moment day trips throughout the year. We also have non boating get togethers such as a Christmas Party, a wine tasting weekend near Jackson, sometimes a snow trip and a couple of other things.
    The group is made up of a bunch of great people that are willing to help with just about anything at the drop of a hat.
    For example, Fleetimus offered up his shop to give you a hand with your boat awhile back. As I said in that thread, he's got one helluva set-up for working on boats/vehicles up in Colfax.
    The outings we have are at New Hogan, Shasta, the Sac River, the Delta, Berryessa, Oroville, Don Pedro and a couple of others now and again.

GAWnCA
    Greg,
    Depending on where in Sac you are, there's probably 15 to 20 people within about 30 miles from you. The rest of us are scattered from Redding to Fresno and the Pacific Ocean to Reno/Sparks.
    The "real" get togethers start in May and end in October but there's usually quite a few spur of the moment day trips throughout the year. We also have non boating get togethers such as a Christmas Party, a wine tasting weekend near Jackson, sometimes a snow trip and a couple of other things.
    The group is made up of a bunch of great people that are willing to help with just about anything at the drop of a hat.
    For example, Fleetimus offered up his shop to give you a hand with your boat awhile back. As I said in that thread, he's got one helluva set-up for working on boats/vehicles up in Colfax.
    The outings we have are at New Hogan, Shasta, the Sac River, the Delta, Berryessa, Oroville, Don Pedro and a couple of others now and again.
    Steve,
    I'm between Sacramento and Elk Grove. The Sacramento Marina is close as is Garcia Bend. There there's Folsom lake and you know the rest. I'm just getting my feet wet again after being away from boating for some 30+ years. I'm also a member of the CG Auxiliary here in Elk Grove but they don't like my kind of boat or should I say OUR kinds of boats.. :devil:
    I'm going to be starting a new business here in a couple of months and that's going to be taking up most all the winter months setting it up and getting out to let people know what I'm doing. I hope to find a shop big enough for the business and also the boat work for a reasonable price.

Cas
    one of the things that is real nice about this group, make an outing at your leisure. We all have busy schedules and can't make all the outings, although some people try
    For me personally, we really only plan on 2 big trips a year and that's Shasta in June and Tower Park in July, everything else is totally up in the air. So far, the previously mentioned outings are the only ones we've made this year but we're really trying to make the Halloroost (halloween and rooster tails) this coming Oct at New Hogan. From what we hear about the lake level though, it might be a boatless outing/camping trip complete with costumes Saturday night.
    btw, we very rarely go to Folsom anymore just for the fact it just gets way too choppy for these kinds of boats.

GAWnCA
    one of the things that is real nice about this group, make an outing at your leisure. We all have busy schedules and can't make all the outings, although some people try
    For me personally, we really only plan on 2 big trips a year and that's Shasta in June and Tower Park in July, everything else is totally up in the air. So far, the previously mentioned outings are the only ones we've made this year but we're really trying to make the Halloroost (halloween and rooster tails) this coming Oct at New Hogan. From what we hear about the lake level though, it might be a boatless outing/camping trip complete with costumes Saturday night.
    btw, we very rarely go to Folsom anymore just for the fact it just gets way too choppy for these kinds of boats.
    Maybe the river is better anyway. Too many people go to Folsom anymore and a friend told me the water level is so low that you have to look for a ramp that gets close to the water. Where is Tower Park and New Hogan?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast