Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Attacked By Rabid Beaver At Loch Raven Reservoir

RitcheyRch
    I hate when beavers attack.
    http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercoo...229191028.html
    A warning from the Baltimore County Health Department following last weekend's attacks on two swimmers by a rabid beaver. A 14-year-old boy and an adult woman were attacked north of Loch Raven Dam while swimming in the reservoir.
    "The boy was rescued by his mother. The female swimmer was rescued by her husband and a good Samaritan. In this instance, the 50-pound beaver was killed with a rock. It tested positive for rabies," Rabies Coordinator Gary Thompson tells Richard Sher.
    The Baltimore County Health Department reminds you to avoid contact with wildlife if possible, keep your pets up to date on their rabies shots and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs

Kyote
    http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercoo...229191028.html
    A warning from the Baltimore County Health Department following last weekend's attacks on two swimmers by a rabid beaver. A 14-year-old boy and an adult woman were attacked north of Loch Raven Dam while swimming in the reservoir.
    "The boy was rescued by his mother. The female swimmer was rescued by her husband and a good Samaritan. In this instance, the 50-pound beaver was killed with a rock. It tested positive for rabies," Rabies Coordinator Gary Thompson tells Richard Sher.
    The Baltimore County Health Department reminds you to avoid contact with wildlife if possible, keep your pets up to date on their rabies shots and remember that swimming is not allowed in any drinking water reservoirs
    So the beaver was killed for swimming in a drinking water reservoir. How harsh.
    I enjoy seeing a little beaver now & then!

Schiada76
    That happened to me in Telephone Cove on Lake Mohave once.
    I'm not sure she was rabid though.:idea:

RitcheyRch
    But not one with TEETH.
    So the beaver was killed for swimming in a drinking water reservoir. How harsh.
    I enjoy seeing a little beaver now & then!

Schiada76
    Jury's still out on that.

beaverretriever
    I know what you mean.

Lavey29
    what is the correct response when you are attacked by a bad beaver? :idea:

Baja Big Dog
    what is the correct response when you are attacked by a bad beaver? :idea:
    Daddy always told me to knock the teeth out of a beaver before you play with it!!!

2Driver
    I grew up on that reservoir. Swimming was not allowed but we all did it growing up and skipping high school. The cool place to swim was "the cliffs". Lots of good memories but none of any beavers - well at least not the animal type

fatboy95
    I know what you mean.
    I clicked on the tan fanny. I clicked on the tan fanny, I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny
    I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on the tan fanny,I clicked on I clicked on the tan fanny,the tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny,tan fanny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast