Thread: lake perris

havasu bum
    who go to perris lake

Lavey29
    Its ok if you need a quick water test on your boat mid week. They have a no speed zone down the middle of the lake so you can get some top end numbers..

dmontzsta
    Perris does not have a no speed zone, that is Elsinore. Perris has a speed limit of 35mph and watch out, cause the cops are really sneaky and look to bust people.

Pheelin Phroggy
    I'm surprised they have not designated Perris as a "hazardous waste" area yet!

mobldj
    i live in mo val,can almost see the lake from my back yard.10 minutes away but my boat will never hit that pool of caca:jawdrop:

RitcheyRch
    I have heard rumors of people getting sick after being on that lake.
    I'm surprised they have not designated Perris as a "hazardous waste" area yet!

Hardly Satisfied
    i live in mo val,can almost see the lake from my back yard.10 minutes away but my boat will never hit that pool of caca:jawdrop:
    I remember when they built that lake.

HDF WATERDOG
    My first post here and I'm screwed. Lake Perris has no defense, it's a toilet. I've lived here and gone there and watched it get worse by the year. Stopped going a couple of years back. Then they went and dropped water level 80', that's alot. I had to get my boat wet after a long winter. I needed my boat fix bad. What is left of the lake is 35 mph. That's the good news. Bad news is that 65 to 70% is now a no wake/ 5 mph zone. Bouy line about 50 yards west if the island, the whole lake east of line is no wake. What is left is about a 1/2 mile circle in front of the dam, possibly less. Also PWC's, with no regard of any laws, outnumbered boats about 20-1. Next day went to clean up the boat. It's White, or was White. Covered with Black oily scum, took two days to clean, and I was only on the water for an hour. Decided real quick that I'd never go back. To remove all temptation took the boat to Havi and stored it. Have checked, and the water level "should" be back to normal levels in about 7 years.
    P.S. They won't call it hazardous waste because this is our drinking water.

havasu bum
    thats nasty anyone have pics of the lake

ThongMagnet
    Perris:
    Its water, and they have launch ramps. Its a great place to fire up your boat and let it ideal, as you cruise at 5 mph around the lake. I think you need to get in line to enter the park by 6:30am. Max speed is 35mph.
    Lake Elsinore:
    Best to use in the late winter and spring, before the algae bloom gets really bad.
    Actually a nice lake if you can get by the green stuff.
    The middle of the lake has less green, then the edges of the lake.
    Speed limit is 35mph/300feet off the shoreline.
    There is a two mile section in the middle that you can open it up (unlimited speed).
    There is noise inforcement, so you will need to be careful where you play on the lake.
    Loud boats should stay in the middle or the Southeast portion of the lake.
    This lake is actually big. I'm guessing 3 times the size of lake Perris (without looking at facts)
    Best years to use this lake is when we have a large amount of rain in southern california, and the lake temp's stay low Keeping algae bloom at bay.
    Do not leave your boat in the water overnight....it will be green.
    Wipe your boat down after pulling out of the lake, before water dries, or you will be cleaning green for the rest of the summer.
    Have fun