Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Speed and Marine

voodoomedman
    did these guys pay you to say this.they must have.if this is the best repair shop in havasu the rest must be pretty bad.i took my boat there just detailed the engine compartment.when i got it back oil everywhere screws left loose extra screws left on floor interior dirty.that was the first time.i did not learn.went back the second time they worked on the boat they left the engine cover loose.they changed the fluids i think.they left the cap off the drive bottle off so when they test drove the boat oil went everywhere.the funny thing was i was there when they brought the boat back to there shop so they had i guy start to clean the engine compartment up then one of the other helpers came to help he was drinking coffee and as he was getting into the boat spilled the coffee in the interior.i asked ***boat peeps on this forum what shop in havasu was the best
    some said a.s.m i think not.i took my boat there on recomondations from this forum.not blaming anyone on this forum.by the way my boat was never finished
    completely.anybody know hows second best.mr a. and mr b. might be ok but the
    monkeys in the back working are loosers for that company.very dissapointed.
    Kinda funny that it's a new guy with a few posts saying this. Not knocking on new people but this same story comes up from some new guy in every thread about Absolute and I seem to remember the HavasuMobile guy getting caught red handed as being somebody that has had some unethical dealings and then saying stuff about other shops. hmmmmmmm.
    Also had a bad experience guess you have to be tight with the group for
    great service
    I'm just a regular guy that most people on here don't know me besides the computer and I'm not exactly in the in-crowd here anyways. I have a 496 Mag and they have always taken care of me and been honest.
    Exactly. I think its this way with most of the repair shops in Havasu. I had the water pump go out on my boat. I stopped over at Absolute and they wanted nothing to do with me. First I had to wait for them to finish their lunch before anyone would even help me. They knew I was there. They sat there and stared at me while I stood at the counter for over 15 minutes before someone finally yelled "hey you need some help?" When I showed him the pump he said, "nope don't have one and good luck finding one" then just walked away. If their so standup I would think maybe they'd at least refer someone or make a call to find one.
    Soooooooo. I drive over to Savage. They had one. They wanted over $400 for it. I thought that was just nuts so I called my normal repair guy here in Ca. and he agreed. So he called Savage (I guess he knows the folks over there) and after that the pump suddenly became $200. :idea: :idea: :idea:
    That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. No matter how good a company there are always horror stories and people screw up. I've personally only dealt with Aaron and Brian and have had great service. I will say that when Brian rings things up it seems to be a little more expensive but he's probably going by the book and the boss is being generous to earn repeat business. Besides both have helped out numerous times without charge and I take free shirts all the time. Anyways, the point is that maybe you were just dealing with shop help and not Aaron or Brian. I understand that sucks though because anybody representing the company should be awesome to deal with but until that gets worked out see the top dogs.

djunkie
    That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. No matter how good a company there are always horror stories and people screw up. I've personally only dealt with Aaron and Brian and have had great service. I will say that when Brian rings things up it seems to be a little more expensive but he's probably going by the book and the boss is being generous to earn repeat business. Besides both have helped out numerous times without charge and I take free shirts all the time. Anyways, the point is that maybe you were just dealing with shop help and not Aaron or Brian. I understand that sucks though because anybody representing the company should be awesome to deal with but until that gets worked out see the top dogs.
    I was dealing with Aaron.... I'm sure he was very busy though. There did seem to be a lot of food on the table for lunch. As for the overpricing, that was at Savage not Absolute.
    I'm in no way trying to tell people not to go to any of these shops. Its obvious that a lot of people have had good luck with them but I'm just trying to point out the fact that its not 100% of the time. If need be I will try and use them again, but I will try other avenues first.

voodoomedman
    I was dealing with Aaron.... I'm sure he was very busy though. There did seem to be a lot of food on the table for lunch. As for the overpricing, that was at Savage not Absolute.
    I'm in no way trying to tell people not to go to any of these shops. Its obvious that a lot of people have had good luck with them but I'm just trying to point out the fact that its not 100% of the time. If need be I will try and use them again, but I will try other avenues first.
    Fair enough. You were giving an honest account of a situation. I just thought it was possible to be someone else helping. I usually get a good idea of service because of my age. Well at least in the past anyway. I'm 27 which is still young but when I was even a few years younger and looking at expensive boats and such or even other completely different industries you get folk who ignore you or treat you like crap because they think you can't afford it or your just a dumb kid or whatever. I like it though. It makes it very easy for me to figure out who gets my hard earned dollars.

dicudmore
    I've never personally had a bad experience with absolute speed and marine. Aaron and Brian are very dedicated to what they do, and very good at it...
    go out of their way to help people with "emergency" repairs time and time again, sometimes I think they need to learn to say no :wink: for the sake of completing jobs that are already in progress...as mentioned already, they do have some new "help" (maybe hindrance would be more accurate??) that needs some refinement.
    Dean at DWB motorsports on Kiowa is a very good mechanic, but he's hard to locate at times :wink: He's done work for me several times over the years, no issues, always clean.
    AJ and crew at Savage Marine are great peoples. The young lady at the counter in there has a beautiful smile and always a good story to tell Friday night of memorial weekend last year they bailed me out HUGE. Had blown a drive on my Ultra, the repaired unit arrived at their shop 4:30 or so friday night. I was still at work in Vegas, the kilrtoys grabbed my boat out of storage, dragged it down there and they got the drive on for me so I could be on the water for the "big weekend." First class all the way
    The past year or so, based on recommendations from the people at Cobra boats I've used Prestige Marine for my boat, and friends stuff. Great people, very thorough and clean workmanship, very helpful. Clean shop and reception/office area--top notch operation for sure. Can't thank them enough for all the help and the support they give to the ***boat community. I don't even want to know what Chris' bar tab was sat night at the "Cobra fun in the sun" weekend but it had to hurt, he was buying drinks for EVERYBODY Jen needs a pay raise though
    There are several more, but thats a pretty good start to the list

OGShocker
    HH is the best guy in the whole world!

djunkie
    Maybe HH can make this a "stickey"?
    Then delete my negative posts. :jawdrop:

DCBDaytona
    Savage, Absolute and Prestige are all top notch!

OGShocker
    Then delete my negative posts. :jawdrop:
    Lunch Wednesday?

djunkie
    Lunch Wednesday?
    Sure.

OGShocker
    Sure.
    You, piper, peter and me. Your turn to buy...
    Sorry for the jackin thing..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast