Thread: project: 1974 Wriedt Spoiler

Kings Spartans
    Just got a 1974 Wriedt Spoiler with 455 Olds and berkely jet C. Will be posting more pics on here as project goes along. Jet drive was supposed to have been rebuilt just before boat was put up and sat for 10 years. Would it still be wise to take out jet drive and put in new seals and bearings?? Any comments suggestions welcome!!! More pics later this evening
    http://www.fotoshack.us/images/6542108122007061.jpg (http://www.fotoshack.us/foto.php?id=...8122007061.jpg)

El Prosecutor
    Just got a 1974 Wriedt Spoiler with 455 Olds and berkely jet C. Will be posting more pics on here as project goes along. Jet drive was supposed to have been rebuilt just before boat was put up and sat for 10 years. Would it still be wise to take out jet drive and put in new seals and bearings?? Any comments suggestions welcome!!! More pics later this evening
    Very cool boat, classic design.
    Maybe you could make sure the bowl is filled with oil and run it easy for a couple trips and see if it is losing oil. Make sure you keep the thrust bearing greased and listen for noise. If it is like the seller said I bet you will be O.K.

Kings Spartans
    oh yeah BTW the motor is in dire need of overhaul, that is the reason it sat for 10 years. So motor will be pulled out. There is no interior. Ripping carpet up to check stability of floors.

El Prosecutor
    I run a 455, so I am not bagging at all, but if you are going to have to pull it and rebuild IMHO you should go with a Chevy or Ford. . .

'75 Miller
    If you decide to keep the 455 I've got a mallory unilite dist. & coil and edelbrock torkerII manifold I'll let go cheap. Both have less than 10 hours on 'em. Might still have an Isky cam too, gotta check on the specs.
    If you've got the loot though ditch the 455, you'll be better off in the long run.

biggraypig
    If you decide to run the old make sure you use the 460 ford rear main seal.