Thread: h bearings p# change? cb743h to cb743hn?

IMPATIENT 1
    i've ordered 2 different sets of clevites and both were ordered as cb743h and both sets came in as cb743hn. i researched it, called summit,jeg's and they say the cb743h's were replaced with cb743hn with no chamfering. what's up, do you have to chamfer these yourself or are they just narrow enough not to bother??? goin on a eagle 4340 crank

obnoxious001
    The "n" stands for narrow, and they have done that to replace champhered bearings. If you compare width, they should be the same as to where the champher started on the older style, so they will work the same.

VAMI
    yep (n) for narrow

IMPATIENT 1
    i ended up callin clevite and they said they discontinued the bc743h series and replaced with the hn 1's. they said it allowed more fillet clearence and that the newer bearing has showed to have better retention. thanx for the other info guys!

billet racing 1
    I ran into that issue assembling my motor recently. did not pay attention to the part #. Just started installing. Half the set was the new narrow bearings. Stalled the project for the weekend as I thought I had the wrong bearing. Noone had told me about this before hand.
    Jerry

IMPATIENT 1
    I ran into that issue assembling my motor recently. did not pay attention to the part #. Just started installing. Half the set was the new narrow bearings. Stalled the project for the weekend as I thought I had the wrong bearing. Noone had told me about this before hand.
    Jerry
    the new p# bearing is 1 gram lighter than the old p# too