Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Food

topless
    This makes too much sense…wonder only why our elected representatives don’t get it and act accordingly
    My elderly, retired Mother of 78 bought a bird feeder. She hung it on her back porch and filled it with seed. Within a week she had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food. Soon after, the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.
    Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere. Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb Mother and try to peck her even though she had fed them out of her own pocket. Still the birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that she fill it when it got low on food.
    After a while, Mom couldn't even sit on her own back porch anymore. She took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. She cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quite, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.
    Now let's see . . . our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen.
    Then the illegal's came by the millions. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for more “free” services; small apartments are housing 5 families: you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor: your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.
    Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.
    Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

'75 Miller
    Well stated. I wish there was a chance in hell that they'd take the bird feeder down, but there's too many sheeple that want the feeder built BIGGER.
    Just look at the pos senator kennedy in taxachussetts...he wanted to allow 10's of millions MORE birds to be allowed into the country (family members of border-jumpers) for the sake of "family unity". Think he'll ever be voted out?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Well stated. I wish there was a chance in hell that they'd take the bird feeder down, but there's too many sheeple that want the feeder built BIGGER.
    Just look at the pos senator kennedy in taxachussetts...he wanted to allow 10's of millions MORE birds to be allowed into the country (family members of border-jumpers) for the sake of "family unity". Think he'll ever be voted out?
    Miller, just a reminder that our brilliant Republican Prez was all over letting those birds you speak of flock into this Country.
    I may be wrong on this one but it seems that there are fewer people on the welfare roles today than there was some years ago. I will have to look it up to confirm. Personally, I am not into the give away mentality at all. I have always believed that those who are on the Govt's so called handout roles, should be forced to work for what they are provided. Picking up trash, cleaning public toilets or something.

centerhill condor
    I may be wrong on this one but it seems that there are fewer people on the welfare roles today than there was some years ago. I will have to look it up to confirm.
    then why post? just 'cause its free?
    CC

ULTRA26 # 1
    then why post? just 'cause its free?
    CC
    Sorry CC, not sure I understand.
    A follow up:
    THEN AND NOW:
    The law signed by President Clinton on Aug. 22, 1996, has transformed the way the nation helps its neediest citizens. Gone is the promise of a government check for parents raising children in poverty. In its place are 50 state programs to help those parents get jobs.
    In the 12 years since caseloads peaked at 5.1 million families in 1994, millions have left the welfare rolls for low-paying jobs. Nearly 1 million more have been kicked off for not following states' rules or have used up all the benefits they're allowed under time limits. Today, 1.9 million families get cash benefits; in one-third of them, only the children qualify for aid. About 38% of those still on welfare are black, 33% white and 24% Hispanic.

eliminatedsprinter
    A follow up:
    THEN AND NOW: How three families have come through | Your thoughts?
    The law signed by President Clinton on Aug. 22, 1996, has transformed the way the nation helps its neediest citizens. Gone is the promise of a government check for parents raising children in poverty. In its place are 50 state programs to help those parents get jobs.
    In the 12 years since caseloads peaked at 5.1 million families in 1994, millions have left the welfare rolls for low-paying jobs. Nearly 1 million more have been kicked off for not following states' rules or have used up all the benefits they're allowed under time limits. Today, 1.9 million families get cash benefits; in one-third of them, only the children qualify for aid. About 38% of those still on welfare are black, 33% white and 24% Hispanic.
    He signed it under great protest, and he only signed it because it passed with such a large majority (aka a "veto proof" 2/3+) and his veto would surely be overridden. Giving Clinton /Gore credit for that welfare reform bill (that they so vigorously opposed) makes about as much sense as blaming Herbert Hoover for the Smoot/Hawley Tarriffs.

QuickJet
    A follow up:
    THEN AND NOW:
    That was the then (which was written by the Republican congress and Clinton signed it) The Democrat Congress of today would NEVER care to reform our Welfare system to the point where it only assists AMERICAN Citizens.
    We have had a lot more illegals slip past our boarders in the last 11-12 years. And those where only the children qaulified (1 third), those are the illegals.

Schiada76
    Miller, just a reminder that our brilliant Republican Prez was all over letting those birds you speak of flock into this Country.
    I may be wrong on this one but it seems that there are fewer people on the welfare roles today than there was some years ago. I will have to look it up to confirm. Personally, I am not into the give away mentality at all. I have always believed that those who are on the Govt's so called handout roles, should be forced to work for what they are provided. Picking up trash, cleaning public toilets or something.
    Damn you have a poor memory, read some of our posts from the conservatives here regarding the presidents support of amnesty, we are way more pissed than you are. I changed my registration because of it.
    That's one of the biggest differences between liberals and conservatives, you still support a president that suborns perjury, commits perjury and accepts bribes. You would have voted for clinton for another term. Maybe that's why you feel the need to remind us we are pissed at President Bush. Think about it.
    There are fewer people on the welfare rolls because the Republican majority Congress had WELFARE REFORM passed when Clintoon as in office.
    Don't you remember that? He signed it the THIRD time it came to his desk because he was advised it would be political suicide not to.

ULTRA26 # 1
    He signed it under great protest, and he only signed it because it passed with such a large majority (aka a "veto proof" 2/3+) and his veto would surely be overridden. Giving Clinton /Gore credit for that welfare reform bill (that they so vigorously opposed) makes about as much sense as blaming Herbert Hoover for the Smoot/Hawley Tarriffs.
    That was the then (which was written by the Republican congress and Clinton signed it) The Democrat Congress of today would NEVER care to reform our Welfare system to the point where it only assists AMERICAN Citizens.
    So where are the NOW figures? We have had a lot more illegals slip past our boarders in the last 11-12 years.
    Who gives a damn who signed it or where originated. It became law in 1996 and it has reduced the size of the welfare roles. You guys see a Democrat's name in a post, in support of my prior comment, and you attack. You guys amaze me.
    Are you really so closed minded as to believe that a Democrat has never done anything positive?
    The law signed, under great protest, by President Clinton on Aug. 22, 1996, which originated in the Republican congress, and had enough votes to override a Presidential Veto, etc.
    How's that? Are you both happy.

eliminatedsprinter
    Who gives a damn who signed it or where originated. It became law in 1996 and it has reduced the size of the welfare roles. You guys see a Democrat's name in a post, in support of my prior comment, and you attack. You guys amaze me.
    Are you really so closed minded as to believe that a Democrat has never done anything positive?
    The law signed, under great protest, by President Clinton on Aug. 22, 1996, which originated in the Republican congress, and had enough votes to override a Presidential Veto, etc.
    How's that? Are you both happy.
    Tickled pink.

P.S. Sure a Democrat has done something Positive. Here I will give you 2 examples.
    #1. Mayor Tom Bradley brought the Olympics to L.A. dispite the criticism of both the Repubs and his own party and it was a HUGE success, despite the Eastern block boycott, that President Carter caused by his goofy boycott of Moscow in 1980.
    #2. Zel Miller made up for some of the sins of his segregationist past by helping to keep Sen John Kerry from becoming President.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast