Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bravo 1 upper gear question

BadKachina
    I went from a bravo 1 24-4 blade to a Bravo 1 28-4 blade...Prop is box stock and never been worked..When it slips it sounds just it does when a prop blows out...But its doing it with the drive all the way down..Is it still possible to blow the prop out when the drive is all the way down
    I'm running a 28p Bravo 1 and I can definantly blow it out while getting on plane. It's extremely hard on your drive too, because as it starts to hook up it puts tons of stress on the drive.

SED253
    i too can blow out the prop when trying to get on plane...but have worked thru that part....what should i do when im at cruising speed(3500 rpms) and i have it trimmed up a little to keep the boat flat...then i start to ease into the throttle and the engine winds up but the boat doesnt accelerate...maybe it is something i am doing wrong...i have even tried to drop the drive when cruising before going WOT then start trimming up slowly and it still does the same thing....I am open to any and all suggestion..

haysonj
    I dont know what hp you have but i have over 500 hp with a 28 lab finished brovo 1 and i cant blow it out unless the drive is trimmed or i turn to sharp my bet is you have a bad hub in the prop.

SED253
    Completely went thru the upper and reset everything to merc specs...Even flipped the cone clutch over per mercs tech request as the reverse side of the cone very seldom wears out...put it all back together and put back on the boat...while drive was off i cleaned the coupler...Installed drive and with a yellow paint marker i put a line up the yoke splines to the center splines on the coupler and all the way up the rubber on the coupler ..took it out for a test flight and its still doing the same thing....checked coupler and marks are still perfectly aligned...What to try or look for next

Jerrys59
    Arn't all Brovo1 Hubs solid?

BDMar
    Arn't all Brovo1 Hubs solid?
    No.... All Bravo I 1 1/4" XR hubs are solid, but you can get the standard 1" in plastic or solid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12