Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any trick to resurrecting dead batteries?

Racey
    Drop it from about waist high onto a concrete floor... knocks the crusty's off the plates and surprisingly works wonders... charge away...
    Yeah i can see it now, top blows off and leaves your ass soaked in acid, bye bye jeans, nice stain on the floor

ChumpChange
    Is this for the fifth wheel you bought? If so, post some pics of that thing.

twowheeledfish
    Why waste your time and risk a dead battery on the water? Just get a new one.

HOOTER SLED-
    There it is.
    If ya can't get a good trade-in from Trojan, COSTCO will give ya 5 bucks each.
    COSTCO Golf cart batts are only $50 each (last I bought them in APRIL).
    The COSTCOs work super.
    There are a few places in Havabrew advertised in the local rag that have plain wrap 6Vs for about 50 bux too.
    Trojans are SUPER expensive. About $140 ea last I checked.
    BTW:
    Buggies unlimited GolfCart Doc says ya have to remove the head unit from your sound sytem if it's on or off. The radio is usually wired around the dead man switch so this is essential.
    Otherwise it draws down the power and ruins the batts over time, even if it's off.
    This is what I was told probably killed my Trojans.
    I have a line on the Trojans............ I just wish I could share it. Sorry guys. And no, this is not a smart ass joke about condoms.

Outnumbered
    Why waste your time and risk a dead battery on the water? Just get a new one.
    I guess you did not read my post

Outnumbered
    Is this for the fifth wheel you bought? If so, post some pics of that thing.
    Yep, 2006 Keystone Cougar 291EFS:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...07_135-med.jpg

IT'SONLYMONEY
    your are going to want to run two six cell batts anyways unless you already are and that is just extra.

Outnumbered
    your are going to want to run two six cell batts anyways unless you already are and that is just extra.
    I was kicking it around. I just thought I would try to get this battery back. It is holding a charge at 11.95 volts overnight. I think I will give it one more day and see if it will hold above 12V. If not I think I'll go trade it in at the local golf cart store on 2 6Vs.
    Thanks

centerhill condor
    Drop it from about waist high onto a concrete floor... knocks the crusty's off the plates and surprisingly works wonders... charge away...
    I've seen it work a time or two.
    CC

Spotondl
    The drop method really does work... The sidewalk works well as a dropping platform just in case the garage is too pristine for mechanical work... LOL
    ... and if it doesn't work for you you can still trade it in on the next bat... no real downside save for the downside trip the bat makes once you drop it... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast