Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LHC-Herald News-Opinion

Mrs.Racer277
    Blue"]Read this in the paper this am....[/[/B]COLOR]
    Poor communication could have let suspect boat escape
    Editor:
    I guess I watch too many cop shows, becasue I was under the impression that law enforcement would act immedicately if a citizen called 911 to report the sighting of a person wanted for hit and run from a fatal accident.
    I heard radio announcements asking for information on the Fountain boat with red and black checkering being looked for in regard to a boating incident last week on the lake was asked to call 911. On Friday, I was driving North through LHC on the highway when I passed a Fountain boat heading South, the paint was sanded off on both sides. It made sense that the owner might try to remove the pattern to make identification less likely.
    So I called 911 to report it. The 911 operator was in Barstow, and said LHC wasn't in their jurisdiction; I would have to call the local police. I called LHC Police and was told to call San Bernardino Sheriffs because they had jurisdiction in that case.
    By the time I called them, I'm sure the boat was long gone and I had been unable to get the license number. Regardless of who has jurisdiction, why would the LHC police not bother going after a person possibly involved in a fatal accident on our lake-person driving right through our city? Why didn't 911 relay the call to the proper jurisdiction instead of telling the caller to?
    Why didn't LHC police stop the boat, and then call in whoever has jurisdiction? If the boat and driver are never located, our police department will have to live with the fact they may have allowed them to slip through their fingers becase of their inaction.
    David Stone
    LHC
    [COLOR="Magenta"]
    I have to ask if he was able to see both sides of the boat WHY could he not get a license #???

Mohave Vice
    Wow! I can't believe I just read this.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    wow.. I can't believe that.:jawdrop:

LHC30Victory
    This knucklehead should have called LHC PD and spoken to a watch commander for his answer rather than taking it right to the media....Now both he and the PD look bad when there was probably (likely) a lot more to this than is printed.

Mrs.Racer277
    This knucklehead should have called LHC PD and spoken to a watch commander for his answer rather than taking it right to the media....Now both he and the PD look bad when there was probably (likely) a lot more to this than is printed.
    I think he should have followed the boat until he was able to find someone to help.

LHC30Victory
    I think he should have followed the boat until he was able to find someone to help.
    Not sure if that would have turned out any better. Once, on my way into town, I was following an obviously drunk driver and got cell reception by the airport. Called and was giving the dispatcher constant updates. They finally had a unit come up to the 95 by wal mart. We passed him as the dispatcher dropped the call. As we were passing swanson, I called back asking what happed to the unit and was told he couldnt get onto the highway due to traffic - all 5 cars on it I ended up following this drunk all the way out of town to SARA Park....Kinda sloppy if ya ask me.

AZJD
    Should have called Kilrtoy, he could have caught him...

2Driver
    please call the appropriate agency for the river area.
    La Paz County Sheriff
    Mohave County Sheriff
    Lake Havasu police
    Parker police.
    San Bernardino Sheriff
    Coast guard
    CRIT police
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...1&d=1187555409

LHC30Victory
    Should have called Kilrtoy, he could have caught him...
    I do quite well thank you. LHC PD did finally catch up to us, just a little late IMHO.
    BTW, any other motor jock have 6 GSXR750 catches on a K1000P?????

finsfan4life
    I think you should file a complaint against that idiot dispatcher...What should have been done, even though it was in their jursdiction, respond a car and contact and detain the people in control of that boat.
    Detain the people and then notify the proper dept. Unless I am wrong, isnt SBSD also have units somewhere in that area. Detain the people until SBSD rolls out.
    The detention from any L/E agency in that situation would have been totally legal.
    The dispatcher was probably too busy chomping on his cheesburger. Also remember that all cell phone 911 calls in the California area connect right to CHP. Always have the phone number of your local L/E saved on ur cell phones...
    And also, if u did connect to someone in Bartow, that was CHP (aka "AAA" with guns).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast