Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LHC-Herald News-Opinion

LHC30Victory
    Also remember that all cell phone 911 calls in the California area connect right to CHP.
    Not completely true. For the past three years, cell providers have coordinated cell tower reception ( and call triangulation) with respective LE jurisdiction and thus route 911 cell calls to those agencies. If no jurisdiction is proscribed, then the CHP gets it. In this case, since the call originated in AZ and it was a ca cell # (i'm guessing) then it went to CHP.

Baja Big Dog
    I think Bilge was heading down the correct road...this story sounds a little "IFFY". If the guys towng a 20 ft boat, you could more than likley fo a U-IE, and catch him....

Mrs.Racer277
    I think you should file a complaint against that idiot dispatcher...What should have been done, even though it was in their jursdiction, respond a car and contact and detain the people in control of that boat.
    Detain the people and then notify the proper dept. Unless I am wrong, isnt SBSD also have units somewhere in that area. Detain the people until SBSD rolls out.
    The detention from any L/E agency in that situation would have been totally legal.
    The dispatcher was probably too busy chomping on his cheesburger. Also remember that all cell phone 911 calls in the California area connect right to CHP. Always have the phone number of your local L/E saved on ur cell phones...
    And also, if u did connect to someone in Bartow, that was CHP (aka "AAA" with guns).
    It was not ME that saw the boat. I just coped what I read in the paper yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12