Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any guess what the top speed will be ?

spectras only
    Should have checked it while the drive was off

BadKachina
    Nice videos.
    Looks like you need a little less prop to get into the rpm range and create a little more hp. I would think 5400 would be my target. Also most of the older Fountains I've seen are in the mid teens slip wise, so youre a little high but not anything out of the ordinary. It seems to me that Fountains usually have a huge rooster tail behind them, like they need alot of trim to get top speed???? Do some searches on OffShoreOnly in the Fountain forums and see what props they recommend, for some reason I remember Hydromotives being recommended for Fountains but I don't remember what size or year.

GoCiggie31
    wow,
    looks like not much traffic on the lake
    that is some nice scenery ya got there..

spectras only
    Nice videos.
    Looks like you need a little less prop to get into the rpm range and create a little more hp. I would think 5400 would be my target.
    The boat is a 1998 , so I assume it's a Gen VI engine .
    The merc brochure I have from that era suggests 4800-5200 rpm range . The blower on the 600 SC in the brochure is definely not a 'TBS' blower. The boat gets loose
    with trim up [ some rooster can be seen in one of the videos] and needs some tab to stop the boat from chinewalking . My Mirage does the same around 70+ without tabs. Looking at the bottom of the Fountain and my Mirage , they look similar having a delta V-pad both , minus the step for mine . Both boats seem to be running on this pad only without chine support . Both boats have the 280 K plane , which is too short IMHO :idea: .My friend had a 29 Baja OL before this boat that never chine walked no matter what. Need more seat time to find the ideal trim/sweet spot for the Fountain.

spectras only
    wow,
    looks like not much traffic on the lake
    that is some nice scenery ya got there..
    Don't let the picture fool you .It was very crappy in the morning keeping the riff-raff off from the lake . We had no problem finding a parking spot close to the ramp today
    This is a tidal lake and only 20 min from my place by boat ,connected to the ocean via the Fraser & Pitt River .Check out the images here > http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Smokin Cigarettes
    Any new munbers?

Throttle
    high 80's, maybe a mark or two over 90 on a good day

Not So Fast
    Look very cold but pretty!!! NSF

spectras only
    Any new munbers?
    92 mph on GPS in calm water . More to go with some seat time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast