Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Races at Aha last nite

Slow Burn
    First, congrats to Harris and the boys for building a very nice looking and fast boat! I didn't think a secret could be kept in this industry. Good job!
    As for Mike D. being a little upset with the way thier "data" was gathered, I completely understand. :devil:
    We all work hard and spend a ton of cash to make our boat slighlty faster than the next guy. We also share information with our friends to a certain extent. To use your unknowing buddy as a bench mark only to make sure that you "one up him" kinda takes the fun out of it.
    However, it did throw lots of fuel on the fire for Labor day!
    See ya!

Danhercules
    I heard the pass in Norco!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My brother called me and let me listen to some of the runs. He said to me, "wow, mike D got beat, he is not gonna be happy.)
    Those boats sounded sick over the phone!!!!!!!!!!

FuelInMyVeins82
    Nice boat congrats to all that are involved.

Dogballs
    Sounds like Labor Day is going to be off the hook.

Bone Stock
    I got some shots, but they are pretty dark...

FuelInMyVeins82
    Sounds like Labor Day is going to be off the hook.
    Balls you get your seld back on the water?

Dogballs
    Balls you get your seld back on the water?
    Motor is in and planning to hit Needles this weekend!

Red Rocket
    First, congrats to Harris and the boys for building a very nice looking and fast boat! I didn't think a secret could be kept in this industry. Good job!
    As for Mike D. being a little upset with the way thier "data" was gathered, I completely understand. :devil:
    We all work hard and spend a ton of cash to make our boat slighlty faster than the next guy. We also share information with our friends to a certain extent. To use your unknowing buddy as a bench mark only to make sure that you "one up him" kinda takes the fun out of it.
    However, it did throw lots of fuel on the fire for Labor day!
    See ya!
    As far as how we got our data, all of the motor data came from me and only me. This motor and actually the whole project has been in the works for about a year, we knew what we were going to do long before Mikes boat was finished. The boat set up and hardware came mostly from me and what I have been running in my Daytona and other boats I have set up. Don"t forget Harris used to do this pretty successfully in the 80's and didn't forget very much. He came up with some of the hardware are using right now, and if you take a look the hardware couldn't more different between the two boats.

PIIYM
    Its funny. Harris builds a boat and it runs fast. Now people are upset because someone built a faster boat than someone else. Come on ladies. While this is competitive, in the end its for fun. Its about drinking beers and talking $hit. Racing is meant to be competitive. Everyone here spends money to make their boat a little faster than their buddies. If Mike D. had one of the fastest boats prior to Harris launching his, than Mike D. should be kissing Harris's bean bag. Because now he has a goal. There is someone else to beat. Something to work towards. But kicking him off of the team. Oh boo hoo.
    Winning all the time is boring. What makes racing fun is that there is a chance someone is faster than you. So you prep, spending countless hours shaving weight, tuning your motor to be faster and when you beat that person that moment of exhilaration, knowing you just kicked their a$$. Feeling the rush of adrenaline and tasting victory. Thats what racing is about. When its over you go back to the beach or to that guys house and you crack a cold beet and start talking $hit.
    If you want to win all the time without any challenge. Then buy yourself a PS3, save 20large and sit on the couch and play video games. Make sure the level is on easy.

Nuff said, nice post!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast