Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intake makeover

Hey cas,...Busby is obviously board outta his skull, lets let him go so that we can see his style and mad skillz!
    Carry on busby!....mikef's liberty if im not mistaken has his intake the same way! i could be wrong, also i have seen quite a few rogers that way and were claimed to be old CJ's
    Yeah ... a little bored ... but I figured there have been a lot of threads about how/why/what for/etc about intakes and their set ups ... so what the heck ... I'll take the time to post up the progress ...
    And ... while I could spin a long tale about this being some intake that was done special for boat xxx ... it would be just that ... a tale. The truth is that someone has beat the death out of this intake & it is really hurt ... most likely hit one or too many sand/rock bars ...

There's my favorite van again
    fockin van ...

Cool. So what are you building?
    1st ever Eclipse circle boat in the works?!
    1) '96 '20 Carrera Eclipse
    2) no way this boat will see the circle track ... sorry Mike, nice try ... how about yours?

Good thread, Brian. Just one question, though. I have a similar intake that still has all that nasty epoxy on it. Could I get you to sand it off for me. I really hate making a mess in MY garage or driveway.

Good thread, Brian. Just one question, though. I have a similar intake that still has all that nasty epoxy on it. Could I get you to sand it off for me. I really hate making a mess in MY garage or driveway.
    Sure ... just send it along with $100, a case of Coors Light and return freight $$$ and I'll get right on it ...
    seriously though ... it does make a mess, but well worth it instead of paying for a new one.
    BB

Sure ... just send it along with $100, a case of Coors Light and return freight $$$ and I'll get right on it ...
    seriously though ... it does make a mess, but well worth it instead of paying for a new one.
    BB
    That's almost worth it, especially if you could have it ready by Sept 14/15 so I could save on shipping. I've been slowly chipping away at the epoxy. Might have it all done by the time I'm ready to have my pad-bottom Eliminator converted to a rounded keel......in a year or two.

That's almost worth it, especially if you could have it ready by Sept 14/15 so I could save on shipping. I've been slowly chipping away at the epoxy. Might have it all done by the time I'm ready to have my pad-bottom Eliminator converted to a rounded keel......in a year or two.
    Wait until you see the finished product ... but obviously the price goes up as more goes into to your intake ...
    watch for the next two steps (blasting and shoe/ride plate) ... that's when it should start looking real good ...
    BB

BrendellaJet
    Nice work.
    I did the same thing this weekend. My intake was in really good shape, but had epoxy everywhere, with about a tube of silicone thrown on top for good measure...:devil:
    Also, whoever installed my shoe with a flat head machine screw needs a beating with a screw driver. Ill replace with socket screws
    What are you going to do with that fin? I assume you'd weld a filler piece on there to bring the height back?

the orange van again. LOL

Goad
    posting to subscribe to this thread so i can follow it as its updated.
    looking forward to some good info.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast