Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Place Diverter brand Droop & ride plate???

bahner454
    Anyone ever try one of these bolt on ride plates sold at Jet Boat Performance? This ride plate bolts direct to the droop.
    Place Diverter brand Droop. 1.5 inch drop with 8° up angle, allows the addition of a bolt up Ride Plate (No Machining of the intake required for installatioon of ride plate)
    $295 for Place Diverter Droop
    $125 for Ride Plate Assembly
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/in...?p=droopsnoots

Devilman
    I'm running that droop on my boat, got it from Tom at JetBoat Performance. Didn't get the rideplate though.....

BrendellaJet
    dont waste your money on that ride plate. Save it and have a real one put on.

I have a friend that paid $2500 to have a "real" ride plate and shoe installed on his Eliminator, done the "right way" with maching the bottom of the hull. I think it's ridiculous to pay $2500 for parts and labor for a family lake boat to gain a little stability at high speeds. I think unless your racing it, buy the Place ride plate and droop. I talked with a couple of different shops and they both said pretty much the same thing. Save yourself 2K and use the money for food, gas, and lodging and go on several more trips before the season is gone.

Devilman
    dont waste your money on that ride plate. Save it and have a real one put on.
    Thought about doing the real deal awhile back, but (a)there is noone in the area that I would trust to do the work & (b)I'm just not that interested in tearing the boat all to pieces to pick up a few mph.
    I'm getting a rideplate to bolt on it, but a friend of mine is making it, so no money wasted. Only reason I'm going that far with it is because the droop has the tab there already. Just a few beers between the fabrication & installation, lol....

Rondane
    I have a friend that paid $2500 to have a "real" ride plate and shoe installed on his Eliminator, done the "right way" with maching the bottom of the hull.
    was that the made of "gold" edition style or?? :sqeyes: That must have been a total pump rebuild also?? I cant believe it ever costing that. DPS would charge roughly $1000.00 with a setback. Stick with an A/T droop, your just paying for the name with place.
    rondane

was that the made of "gold" edition style or?? :sqeyes: That must have been a total pump rebuild also?? I cant believe it ever costing that. DPS would charge roughly $1000.00 with a setback. Stick with an A/T droop, your just paying for the name with place.
    rondane
    LMFAO, no, didn't have any gold in it. Intake was pulled, hulls bottom reshaped for the ride plate and shoe, intake re-set in, shoe and ride plate installed, loader grate installed, and that's all that was done. But even if it's at $1000.00 including parts, that's roughly $575 more than Place's droop and ride plate, and I'd like to know how much of a difference they two are in real world usage.
    If you use a A/T droop don't you need a A/T nozzle or a Place Diverter made for an A/T?

Rondane
    LMFAO, no, didn't have any gold in it. Intake was pulled, hulls bottom reshaped for the ride plate and shoe, intake re-set in, shoe and ride plate installed, loader grate installed, and that's all that was done. But even if it's at $1000.00 including parts, that's roughly $575 more than Place's droop and ride plate, and I'd like to know how much of a difference they two are in real world usage.
    If you use a A/T droop don't you need a A/T nozzle or a Place Diverter made for an A/T?
    the A/T droop is a direct bolt on a berkeley pump and utilizes the berk nozzle and/or place diverter. Then again, if your taylorman or someone you get talked in to a whole bunch of stuff you dont need like special nozzles and special everything.
    I was talking $1000 for setting the pump back with transom plates/machined intake for shoe etc. etc. Your buddy didnt even have the pump set back for that price? Eliminator daytona you said? Without that why bother shoeing it.:sqeyes:
    rondane

the A/T droop is a direct bolt on a berkeley pump and utilizes the berk nozzle and/or place diverter. Then again, if your taylorman or someone you get talked in to a whole bunch of stuff you dont need like special nozzles and special everything.
    I was talking $1000 for setting the pump back with transom plates/machined intake for shoe etc. etc. Your buddy didnt even have the pump set back for that price? Eliminator daytona you said? Without that why bother shoeing it.:sqeyes:
    rondane
    American Turbine must make more than one droop, the A/T droop I had (A/T 308) could not use a Berkeley style nozzle as both ends have a ball end and neither had the socket end.
    WTF does a set-back vs. non-set-back pump have to do with a shoe? Both can use a shoe.
    I never said Daytona, I said Eliminator (it's a SS).

revndave
    My buddy had the Place ride plate and droop on his Bahner.He loved it.I always paid the coin and got the real deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast