Just got done 2 days ago,putting the 35deg. snails back onto boat, after I polished them and the logs. Installed the Banderlog diverter relay, Place diverter, rudder, upgraded SE ramp loader, new inner tip flappers and rebuilt the Holley carb. Couldn't wait to test it out. My son and I trailered it about a hour away, to meet up with some friends that would running up river about forty miles from us. It had been raining off and on last couple hours, so we thought we would wait it out. After waiting for about a hour and a half, we went for it. Sky's were still grey, but looked like they were getting lighter, in direction we were going. Man, I pumped the peddle a couple times and she fired up. Dialed base idle in and off we went. Man this is cool, wow, what a difference! We hauled ass down river to Peoria (IL) to meet up with the friends on their way back up river. About 1/2 way down, we came across a 40ft cruiser, that had HUGE wake off the rear. Slowed the boat up abit and adjusted bow up and went thru. Caught a little air crossing that one. Other than the cruiser, the water was like glass, really nice. About 3 miles further down river, the son says we're taking on water on the starboard side of the engine. Says it's coming out from were the starter would be. I didn't get up and look, but I could see it spraying a good amount. Thought we would turn around and haul ass back before anything got worse. Naturally, it started to rain, then the sky fell in. Holy shiatt, couldn't see 25 yards ahead. After about 45min in it, we got back to the ramp in Spring Valley IL. it was still down pouring. When I got it back on the trailer, there was a LOT of water in it. Is it possible I could have blown a freeze plug from the back of the small block Chevy? Could the ramp loader have caused a freeze plug to pop? There isn't a regulating valve on the cooling lines. Sorry to be so long, I'm soaked, BORED (cooped up, watching it still rain) and pissed.
After it all, my 11 year old son says: "Man, that was soo cool, that boat is awesome! Thanks dad"
Thats what its all about.