Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Water Leak.

Since you have an E pump, your bowl is outside the hull and the gasket wouldn't cause the water inside. What WILL cause it is the bellows for the control cables on the starboard side, and will leak badly off plane. Other than that, there's the packing,housing bolts in the insert, or loader nolts that can cause a leak.

ck7684
    I'd hook it up to a hose and run water through without starting the engine. This would tell you if there is a leak in the cooling system somewhere...

Goodmorning all, 8:30 am here Monday morning. Still on the houseboat waiting for it to stop raining. The water here in the marina harbor is up 6 inches. Enough is enough, time to end this vacation. If it would just break for an hour. I've been thinking about the leak all night, it has to be something easy. I haven't seen this much rain in a long time. The wife, what a trouper, she went out in the rain last night and snapped the cockpit cover on it. Well, time to start packing up. I'll put the hose on it at home and see what happens.

speedymopars
    I had the same symptoms that you did - mine turned out to be one of the quick connects from the jet to the engine water intake was leaking. The flywheel was kicking it to the starboard side anytime I got on it. My bulge pump had a bunch of crap in it keeping it from turning on.
    One hose clamp tightened and a lake elsinore flyer removed later, the bilge pump works great, though it doesn't have to pump anything anymore....Just something to check...

Well it stopped raining today, so I shop vac'd the rest of the water out of the hull. Hooked the hose up to it and watched, no leaks. So I started the process of elimination, checked the studs for the snails at the logs, for any signs of leaks, all nuts/bolts tight. Found 1 large hose clamp on exhaust hose broke, but still tight. Checked the bolts for the ramp loader, found one loose. Ended up buying some new longer 5/16 bolts instead of the short ones purchased with the loader. Pulled the loader out, and found the silicone just about gone. I looked at the tube that I used, turned out it was white caulk with silicone. I stripped all that was left, out, and used a new tube of clear silicone. Siliconed the holes, the bottom of the loader and the top plate. I put new locknuts & washers on the new 5/16 screws. The used the 3/8 impact to draw them tight. With out a dout , this had to be the problem. The flywheel was spitting water to the starboard side when the bow was high and water filled in the rear. Is their a special silicone/sealant thats used on a jet? Thanks to all for the feedback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12