Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted . . Stoker SST/Merc Power

roln 20s
    HD-
    man- I didn't even realize when it was posted, I just randomly go through the used boat page every now and them. I don't know the owner and actually very few people in AZ***boats. I'll see if I can talk to a few I know and see if they know anything about it. Best of luck man- I hope that works out cause it seems to be a great boat..and can we say "Steal"-best deal I've ever seen!

HavasuDreamin'
    No worry's, pops is actually going to call the guy to see what is up. Keep the info. coming, because I have a feeling this one is gone. Late
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

roln 20s
    I've got my eyes open- good luck!
    Roln 20s

snappertapper
    i would actually prefer omc power if i were you simply because they are so easy to work on and have all of the power of mercs with a lower price tag

HavasuDreamin'
    In the world of Ford vs. Chevy, my dad and I are Mercury men all the way. In fact if we find a good clean one with an OMC, we will probably change that out to a Merc. 2.5EFI.
    An off the shelf OMC with as much power as an off the shelf Mercury . . I won't even dignify that with a response. Please! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

snappertapper
    well i must disagree i think that omc's are better motors with all of the power and if you do get a boat i will prove it to you

HavasuDreamin'
    This is a point I will argue, not trash talk, but argue. If the OMC's are such better motors, why do the Merc's outsell them in the consumer ranks? Why do all of the PROP racers run Merc's (not one OMC). Why do a majority of the drag racers run Merc's? In fact the only drag racer I have seen that can put up any numbers with an OMC is Dave Bush. Then again, he is using a bunch of after market parts on his rig like MSD, etc.
    For a stock production rig, OMC's are fine, great motors, high performance NO. In fact all of my OMC buddy's will even tell you that! MERCURY ALL THE WAY! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

jeff-in-ky
    In the recent past OMC'S high performance efforts have been almost non-existant, BUT THAT WILL SOON CHANGE! I really think that Bombardier will have something to equal or surpass Mercury in the near future.
    BTW- The following is the breakdown of outboards I have owned:
    Mercury OMC Yamaha
    6 5 1
    All were excellent motors with minimal problems.

snappertapper
    people run m,ercs because most race classes are inline but in the v-seriees why do the johnsons kick a*s

HavasuDreamin'
    Snapper, not sure what the v-series is that you are referring to, but I find it hard to believe Johnson's kick a*s. Like I said, PROP, Drags, and one more . . . offshore, MERC's rule the water. Never seen a Skater with OMC's on it!
    Point made, I am dropping the topic now. As I previously stated, looking for Stoker SST with preferrably Merc Power. Will pay upwards of $20K for the right boat. If a clean used one (CLEAN) with an OMC comes along, would buy if in the range of $12K - $13K. Anyinfo. is greatly appreciated. Thanks. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast