Thread: Took entrance exam for the Sheriff's Office!

78TaylorSS460
    Well, last Wednesday I took the enterance exam for the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office for the posistion of patrol deputy. It was really easy actully. Just basic high school knowlage. I was the first person to take this test as the department didn't have it before the new Sheriff took office after the old Sheriff was aressted (I'm sure you can google Sherrif Richard Hernandez and read the story, it's crazy), but anyways, there is a good and honest Sheriff in office now. Hopefully I'll be on my way to the Academy in a month or so! This is my second time applying for a law enforecement agency. I'm really excited. This has been what I've always wanted to do and everytime I ride out it excites me even more! I can't wait to hear the results!

LHC30Victory
    Good luck on your new profession. Listen, Watch (eyes and hands), Think and, when possible, don't rush into anything. Live long and help often.

RitcheyRch
    Good luck

Screemy1
    Well, last Wednesday I took the enterance exam for the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office for the posistion of patrol deputy. It was really easy actully. Just basic high school knowlage. I was the first person to take this test as the department didn't have it before the new Sheriff took office after the old Sheriff was aressted (I'm sure you can google Sherrif Richard Hernandez and read the story, it's crazy), but anyways, there is a good and honest Sheriff in office now. Hopefully I'll be on my way to the Academy in a month or so! This is my second time applying for a law enforecement agency. I'm really excited. This has been what I've always wanted to do and everytime I ride out it excites me even more! I can't wait to hear the results!
    wow, gotta love small towns..... to be a sheriff anywhere near here, you take the written..... you are looking at another 8 months of backgrounds and tests before you get close to an academy.... and then the academy is 6 months...... please tell me yur academy is longer then 3 months..... I heard about some places in the east gave people police jobs and after a year they evaluate them and then send them to an academy.... :jawdrop:

a catered life
    good luck and dont become a ass when they give you the gun

78TaylorSS460
    wow, gotta love small towns..... to be a sheriff anywhere near here, you take the written..... you are looking at another 8 months of backgrounds and tests before you get close to an academy.... and then the academy is 6 months...... please tell me yur academy is longer then 3 months..... I heard about some places in the east gave people police jobs and after a year they evaluate them and then send them to an academy.... :jawdrop:
    I know the hiring process for Bryan PD is around 8 months. The county is short a ton of deptys and there are 3 of us right now applying. So I think thats why it will be so quick to get in to the academy. We all have penal code classes under our belt and have a head start in the criminal justice field, so it helps a little. Thats for all the luck guys!

HavasuSelect
    Best of luck to you.

jbone
    I can't stress this enough. START RUNNING NOW! There is a lot of running in most academies.
    Make sure you are in shape before you go, that way you can concentrate on the classroom stuff.
    I was a T.O. at an academy for 2 years. The fat bodies trying to be cops never ceased to amaze me.
    I know, I know, you've all seen fat cops. Hopefully they have some years under those large belts and have learned to use other techniques so they don't have chase people down down alleys and over fences.
    Good luck,
    J

rrrr
    I know, I know, you've all seen fat cops. Hopefully they have some years under those large belts and have learned to use other techniques so they don't have chase people down down alleys and over fences.
    I think that's why they carry large caliber handguns.
    Hope you get the job.......and that they assign you to the eastern part of the county.