Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How bad are the older Chevy Blazers?

yopengo
    1999 aint an older Blazer, 1972 is http://theinsideline.org/forums/imag.../th_tha045.gif
    And they're pretty cool, you can do anything to them with a 7/16, 1/2 and 9/16 open end wrench
    1969-1970....Great Blazers. My inlawas have a 1999 and love it.

Tom Brown
    Yes, that helps.
    The car is perfect, other than it does drift around a little in the lane when you try to keep it straight. I marked some of that down to big tires but another friend who has a 2000 Jimmy has the same tires (they are stock but they are much bigger than car tires) and hers tracks nicely.
    The only dirt this car has seen is flowerbeds he drives by when he pulls into the garage. This vehicle has never been off road. I know the owner well and he has no use for that. He did use it to tow an Odyssey for his kids but the track he goes to is paved right up to the club house, including the parking lot. I'm sure it's never been abused.
    It's had a few problems, though. One of them was a broken rear tailgate handle. It's a plastic handle and they don't last very well if you use them in the winter up here.

Jbb
    Admit it Brown.....you are late on the lot fee's again......and you have been kicked out of the park.....
    You're gonna live in that Blazer......aren't you?
    It doesn't take rocket appliances to see what's going on here!

Tom Brown
    With the price of Vodka these days, I might have to live in it.

Jbb
    With the price of Vodka these days, I might have to live in it.
    Remember ...its not like it used to be...no bangin behind the muffler shop...the cops always look there...:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    Is that the actual truck he's buying? Looks pretty clean for a 1999 if that's it.
    That's not the truck. Nice as that is, the truck I'm looking at is cleaner than that.

hoolign
    Is that the actual truck he's buying? Looks pretty clean for a 1999 if that's it.
    Not sure actually, just googled 99 chev blazer for sale in Regina..and that's all it came back with...

hoolign
    That's not the truck. Nice as that is, the truck I'm looking at is cleaner than that.
    There is more than 1 truck for sale in regina??
    There's a 95 H1 in toon town :idea:

Riverdog1
    Well dude, wrong there. I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe. I bought it new and it just turned 108K last week. All I have ever done with it is the normal maintenance like hoses, belts, brakes, oil, etc...It has been absolutely the most reliable vehicle I have had. No probs with any of the accessories. It runs absolutely perfect, no oil leaks and the gas mileage averages 17.6 mpg with 3:73 gears on a 5.7 Liter. As a matter of fact, I have never changed the plugs and they still don't need to be. So, there's your variance in bad reviews. Hope this helps.
    PS. If you beat the hell out of it, any make of truck will have issues.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast