Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How bad are the older Chevy Blazers?

Riverdog1
    Oops, sorry dude, didn't realize you were talking about an S10 Blazer. I am not a big fan of the smaller ones and they do have some issues...

XtrmWakeborder
    I have a 97 4 door blazer and will give you my take on it. It has been a pretty good truck so far. It gets my from a to b and has 166k miles on it now I think. The things I have replaced have been the motor mounts "i think lowering it put more stress on them", the egr valve, the brake power booster, the fuel pump, oil cooler lines, alternator, brake master cylinder, tranny, water pump, thermostat, and thats about it. Haha now that I think about it thats kinda a lot. All of that was done within the 40k miles I put on it. Hopefully I get a new truck soon. Oh and just btw it gets 16mpg city/freeway, and 100 percent freeway it may get 20.

Tom Brown
    Well dude, wrong there. I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe.
    Thanks, dude. If I'm ever interested in a GM product built on the full size truck platform, I'll take your advice into consideration.

IMPATIENT 1
    pull off the radiator cap and look in, if it looks like red mud on the radiator cap or in the radiator, walk away from it(or run). when they get like that(and most of the 99blazers do, i've got a 99 myself) the block is full of the shit, the heater core is full of it, and the radiator will be 1/2 clogged with it.
    my wife just overheated and blew my blazer up.i'm a shop foreman for a gm dealership so it wasn't a real big deal but i still had to replace heater core, have radiator cleaned, and replaced every hose on it to get that mud shit out. i put good ole green antifreeze back in it

Tom Brown
    Oops, sorry dude, didn't realize you were talking about an S10 Blazer.
    No problem, dude. Thanks for the thought.
    This has turned into a bitchen thread.

Jbb
    Hey, Tom, have you ever considered maybe stepping up to a 2000-2001 Tahoe. Seems like you could get a lot of good advice about that truck.
    Yeah...you might be able to pull some higher class tail with it too...

Tom Brown
    Yeah.
    Riverdog isn't the first person to mis-read a thread so I'm going to cut him some slack.
    ... but believe me, if Jetboat Bryan had done the same thing, I would be going off like a concussion grenade right now.

Jbb
    Yeah.
    Riverdog isn't the first person to mis-read a thread so I'm going to cut him some slack.
    ... but believe me, if Jetboat Bryan had done the same thing, I would be going off like a concussion grenade right now.
    Please make a note Canatard.....Brian

IMPATIENT 1
    Yeah...you might be able to pull some higher class tail with it too...
    hey now, i've got a 99 blazer too. maybe we're just man enough not to have to "compensate" :lightsabe

Tom Brown
    Please make a note Canatard.....Brian
    What ever you say, dude.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast