Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How bad are the older Chevy Blazers?

78TaylorSS460
    I had a '98 Z-71 and it was good except for the push buttom 4x4. It make horrible noises going into 4L, not just the normal little sound. Then sometimes it would decide not to go in to 4x4 or sometimes it didn't want to come out. It probably has a different t-case than a blazer though. I just stay away from push button 4x4 and stick to the manual 4x4.

jh4rt
    No problem, dude. Thanks for the thought.
    This has turned into a bitchen thread.
    I'm just so excited to be a part of it !!!!

Tom Brown
    Righteous!

Jbb
    What ever you say, dude.
    Thats It Brown...Im coming up there and Im gonna F**[ The rest of this post has been suspended by the automatic threat detection and elimination system].....:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    Thats It Brown...Im comong up there and Im gonna F**[ The rest of this post has been suspended by the automatic threat detection and elimination system].....:jawdrop:
    That right there has got to be a violation of some kinda rule. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

sorry dog
    We had a '98 model in the construction fleet. I think they are OK mechanically, but ours ate a couple of computers in 130k. Milage was 17-18. Main reason it got traded in early besides the electical issues was the interior space was tight considering the size of the vehicle. The last guy who had it weighed 300 and he looked rather rediculous in it.
    I assume the price is really good, but a 4 runner of the same vintage is pretty good vehicle that is about the same size and can last a really long time.

Some Kind Of Monster
    I'm looking for a motor for that exact vehicle.
    If you buy that truck Tom, ask if he is willing to sell the extra motor and ship it.
    Oh FYI our 99 Jimmy's motor spontaneously exploded. It was a great truck up to this.

IMPATIENT 1
    I'm looking for a motor for that exact vehicle.
    If you buy that truck Tom, ask if he is willing to sell the extra motor and ship it.
    Oh FYI our 99 Jimmy's motor spontaneously exploded. It was a great truck up to this.
    check for the crap in the radiator, if its there, your motor will overheat and the guage will never show it. the mud shit acts like block filler, eventually blocking most of the block off from getting proper flow. the temp sender is in the head so its always seein "good temp" but its actually overheating the block itself, the heads will be cooling.

Some Kind Of Monster
    check for the crap in the radiator, if its there, your motor will overheat and the guage will never show it. the mud shit acts like block filler, eventually blocking most of the block off from getting proper flow. the temp sender is in the head so its always seein "good temp" but its actually overheating the block itself, the heads will be cooling.
    Money.
    I'm going to pull the old motor apart to see exactly what happened but I think you are on the money. This is my moms truck and she doesn't know any better so... It's going to be a lil project locating a used motor and swapping them out.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast