Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WTF is wrong with people.

Kyote
    Be happy that it was only the police. My neighbors call the missionaries on me.
    They probabley want you to change your POSITION!

LOWRIVER2
    Problem is, very few people know their neighbors and everyone is encouraged to do tasks in third person. Everyone is afraid to talk to each other for fear of confrontation. This is the new suburbia we live in. Lots of large, mixed use property in inland empire, even Yorba Linda in North O.C.
    A thing to do to get to know your neighbors is to start a neighborhood watch. It generally gets a lot of them to show up and after the usual crime stuff/prevention is discussed, a LOT of smaller quality of life issues come up such as parking, overgrown lawns, etc. You might find out a lot of people have issues with your trucks or you may have a lot of support. I know it takes time in a busy schedule but it is a good way to start a dialouge and possibly get that "one on one" with neighbors on other issues in the future.
    Just a thought, worked for me on some small issues and they were soon resolved.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    So your house is your business address? How about the neighbor doing auto repair, and a cabinet builder on the other side. Maybe a machine shop in the garage across the street. People like to think of their neighborhood as thier home. Don't have enough room to not inconvience yourself? Buy a house with a bigger driveway.
    well let me add..
    Their is a music teacher next door with no sound proffing..
    their is a glass guy across the street cutting glass all day.
    their is a gardner who lives two houses down with 4 trucks
    there is a mecchanic 3 houses down that works on cars allday.
    a day care center 5 houses down.
    another plumber down the steet maybe 7 houses..
    there are alot of business owners and they all work out of their houses.. so know should I be the only one that needs a bigger driveway.

Wet Dream
    there are alot of business owners and they all work out of their houses.. so know should I be the only one that needs a bigger driveway.

How many of them park 2 dually work trucks in the street so they aren't inconvenienced when they need their personal work vehicles?

dragboat
    No need to buy a vowel.....the trucks are an eyesore....and they are Illegally parked...now get em moved.....Ma'am
    I'm sorry but.........
    We bought a second lot next to our house to be able to park our toys. It is not a vacant lot, but it is treated like that by our sh**bag neighbors. If you don't have enough room to park in your own lot you need more room. Your neighbors did not spend all of that money to buy a nice place to have their guests come over to see your trucks in front of their home. I ran a business out of my home for five years without stepping on any toes. It can be done. Golden rule.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Problem is, very few people know their neighbors and everyone is encouraged to do tasks in third person. Everyone is afraid to talk to each other for fear of confrontation. This is the new suburbia we live in. Lots of large, mixed use property in inland empire, even Yorba Linda in North O.C.
    A thing to do to get to know your neighbors is to start a neighborhood watch. It generally gets a lot of them to show up and after the usual crime stuff/prevention is discussed, a LOT of smaller quality of life issues come up such as parking, overgrown lawns, etc. You might find out a lot of people have issues with your trucks or you may have a lot of support. I know it takes time in a busy schedule but it is a good way to start a dialouge and possibly get that "one on one" with neighbors on other issues in the future.
    Just a thought, worked for me on some small issues and they were soon resolved.
    I do know all my neighbors and we get along with all of them but a few like to tell everyone where to park and when to park. They have nothing better to do but watch everyone house ,.. and what we are all up to..

MRS FLYIN VEE
    How many of them park 2 dually work trucks in the street so they aren't inconvenienced when they need their personal work vehicles?
    I would say 3..which would also include a trailer..

Wet Dream
    If thats the case...there are 3 neighbors you can rule out that didn't call the police.

dragboat
    But they bought a nice home in a nice neighborhood, with expectations of it being that way.
    Not a commercial lot.
    I've been there.
    I am there.

dragboat
    If thats the case...there are 3 neighbors you can rule out that didn't call the police.
    Again I respectfully disagree.
    I have 40+ commercial vehicles and would not think of parking them in the way of someone that spent the money to buy their dream home.
    Golden rule.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast