Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRRRRR!!! I want my boat back!!

atxwrangler
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/IMG_0615.JPG HERE IS A PHOTO,NO SCREWS NECESSARY.THEY SEAL WELL!I'LL LOOK FOR A CLOSEUP.

IMPATIENT 1
    JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICal STORE .I THINK IT IS CALLED AN APPLETON FITTING,PROLLY THE SMALLEST OR NEXT TO THE SMALLEST THEY HAVE,THEY WORK GREAT,I USE THEM ON ALL MY BOATS,I'LL LOOK FOR A PICTURE!
    cable pass thru's? do most places have em

atxwrangler
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/HPIM1289.JPG HERE IS A LITTLE CLOSER PIC.YES,I GET THEM FROM THE LOCAL ELECTRICAL SUPPLIER.THEY SEAL WATER TIGHT,AND DON'T REQUIRE ANY SCREWS,JUST ONE BIG NUT ON THE BACK!

78TaylorSS460
    Will it still seal fine being under the water line all the time? Also the cable needs to be alble to slide in and out and still seal. Thanks for all the help!

atxwrangler
    Yes To Both Questions,you Drill A Hole Just Big Enough To Insert The Fitting Into.INSERT FITTING,WITH A LITTLE SILICONE BEHIND IT TO ASSURE NO LEAKS.then,push Your Cable Through The Fitting,slide The Rubber Bushing Onto The Backside Of The Cable,then Thesecond Part Of The Fitting Smashes The Cable Water Tight.oh Yea,you Will Need A Little Silicone Under Where The Fitting Screws Into The Hull.i Can Look And See If I Have An Extre And Mail It To You If You Want.

pro53
    Yea Duane is afforable.He built my 521 stroker long block.He does good work.Take it to him.

78TaylorSS460
    Yes To Both Questions,you Drill A Hole Just Big Enough To Insert The Fitting Into.INSERT FITTING,WITH A LITTLE SILICONE BEHIND IT TO ASSURE NO LEAKS.then,push Your Cable Through The Fitting,slide The Rubber Bushing Onto The Backside Of The Cable,then Thesecond Part Of The Fitting Smashes The Cable Water Tight.oh Yea,you Will Need A Little Silicone Under Where The Fitting Screws Into The Hull.i Can Look And See If I Have An Extre And Mail It To You If You Want.
    That would be great if you have an extra one. PM me and let me know. Thanks!
    Eric

78TaylorSS460
    That would be great if you have an extra one. PM me and let me know. Thanks!
    Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12