Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey klrtoy was that you who came flying through....

Redneck
    the narrow part of the river where the rocks jut out on the Cali side and the marsh is shallow on the Azz side, southbound, about 9:30 Saturday morning, doing 80, splitting between an X-Flight southbound at 45-50 and a bathtub northbound at about 30? Someone, I didn't catch the boat type, split us as we met in that narrows, so that he must have cleared both of us by about 20 feet. Nice.
    We've been reading these threads on the dangers of boating in Havasu, and sure enough, here comes this guy zooming through. Both boats made it fine, in case you were wondering. I considered running him down and yelling at him/catching his side numbers, but that would have required me to scare the bejeezus out of the pontoon that he almost nailed after he left us, as well as go fast through the shallows where the river enters the main lake. Since I'd only had the boat for two lake days, I figured I should learn to drive it better first.
    I saw him at basha's at 11am so my guess it wasnt him but good try

gmocnik
    [/QUOTE]BUT if you are VERY sure it was him..... Good for you and Shame on him.
    There is already too much drama here don't try to stir the pot.[/QUOTE]
    Seems like this kind of antic is typical for this guy. Was just talking about the infamous blue/orange/twin wacker dcb to some friends. Saturday, 11:30, just above the shallows and entering the first tight left hand turn going to the sandbar...a pontoon to the right, tight with the reeds, a hallet running about 45 mph up the middle, me following just to his port waiting for after the turn to pass...a bass boat to the far left just past the turn looking to cross...over my shoulder to my port...there it is running a good 80-85, on the california side, not a glance from the driver as he cut in front of me, caused the bass boat to pull a full reverse, and the "skilled operator" of the dcb did not even blink...he did get a good spot on the sand bar though...his family looked safe there....
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...

nodigg
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...[/QUOTE]
    I spent two days on the lake with NO DCB negative press. :0
    This does seem to be a frequent common topic however.

blown dough
    Perhaps the boat driver was trained by the same Highly skilled folks that Kilrtoy suggests trained him. Apparently these folks must have listened as they did not SPIN into the reeds. They only scared the hell out of other folks and somehow avoided any contact or a terrible mishap. You know the old saying ' I haven't killed anybody YET'. Well I haven't died yet either. Please stay away from me!
    hOW ABOUT YOU SHUT THE HELL UP YOU NEWBIE WITH ONLY A FEW POSTS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OGShocker
    the narrow part of the river where the rocks jut out on the Cali side and the marsh is shallow on the Azz side, southbound, about 9:30 Saturday morning, doing 80, splitting between an X-Flight southbound at 45-50 and a bathtub northbound at about 30? Someone, I didn't catch the boat type, split us as we met in that narrows, so that he must have cleared both of us by about 20 feet. Nice.
    We've been reading these threads on the dangers of boating in Havasu, and sure enough, here comes this guy zooming through. Both boats made it fine, in case you were wondering. I considered running him down and yelling at him/catching his side numbers, but that would have required me to scare the bejeezus out of the pontoon that he almost nailed after he left us, as well as go fast through the shallows where the river enters the main lake. Since I'd only had the boat for two lake days, I figured I should learn to drive it better first.
    Shit stirring low post, poster!

blown dough
    Wow, that was terribly inappropriate.
    Actually no it was not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blown dough
    See, there's the "nice" way of saying it.
    I don't sugar coat anything!!!!!!!

blown dough
    You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.
    So are you as wrong as it may be!!!!!!

OGShocker
    Shut up, fukwad!

nodigg
    So are we saying a join date of 2005 does not qualify as an O.G.?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast