Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey klrtoy was that you who came flying through....

BadKachina
    The fact is that the following was posted by kilrtoy:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kilrtoy
    SPELL THE NAME RIGHT ASS-FOCK,
    I WAS TRAINED BY THE BEST, YES BY THE BEST, AND THAT IS WHY I WAS ABLE TO SPIN IT OUT AND NOT ROLL IT . GET BACK IN YOUR BAYLINER AND STFU
    adamhenry
    samfrankasshole
    FIGURE THAT OUT
    I did not write the post that generated that response. It seems that you are a bit irritated that I joined these Forums shortly after you but do not have many posts. I simply choose to allow folks like you to run off at the mouth and make fools of yourselves.
    Nothing that you have said relates to boating safety. That was my point and I believe was the point of others who responded to your childish post.
    Shut up newbie....................
    J/K.............

djunkie
    "I know you are but what am I?"
    Just thought that would fit well in this thread.

hkunz
    Shit stirring low post, poster!
    Obviously, only time spent online chatting from the safety of the continental United States, from a place where there is a computer connection, qualifies one to have any say about inland rules of the road (which are quite different from from international rules of the road). I would guess that the 20-er-some years spent navigiating, driving, conning, etc, 837+ foot long ships powered by two modified "D" boilers crossconnected in heavy traffic while watching out for Soviet (or Iranian, or Iraqi, or - well you get the idea) long range bombers/modified fighters/hacked up Cessnas loaded with explosives off the coast of somewhere, in the dark, with the lights off, while trying not to to run over the lobster pots that were the main staple of some poor local guys family's existence, through burning oil wells (not all of these at the same time, to be sure) means that I don't know that the course and speed of the vessel that overtook me was unsafe, and that because I was out there all that time, I have no right to pass on what I saw. Yup, it was your right to say what you want that I was defending, so I was a little behind on my post count, relative to those who lived in the confort and safety of the U.S. I am also lacking somewhat in social skills from years of dealing with two basic kinds of people - those who want to kill me and those with me, and those who are working with me to keep the others from killing us. Feel better now? (which are you, by the way?)
    No, I didn't get a color, or side numbers, or even a brand. It probably wasn't kilrtoy, and I have no way to know if it was or wasn't. I don't know him or his boat. I don't care what brand he drives. He's probably a really nice guy with a great family. His boat is probably a fine piece of machinery and has all the safety equipment the Coast Guard requires, and he probably always boats sober. He was, however, the one who posted on here about his actions violating the inland rules of the road in a restricted manuvering situation which almost ending in his running over another boat, or pair of boats, and was incensed about the other boats' actions, thus making him an obvious generic target for rants against unsafe boating. I apologize if I hurt his feelings, or shamed him in front of his friends and/or family.
    Now, back to the issue before you guys all look in the phone book for random people that you think might be the guys on the list and beat up their grandmothers or whatever - if WE, the people who like/love/tolerate hot boats, don't do something in this instant-news-bite, over-reactive-nanny-state environment, to make our actions and those of the folks around us safer, then control freak whackos (or legislators spurred on by victims' families) will make our boats illegal, or put speed limits on the big destination lakes like they are on the small, local lakes, or some other draconian measure that will effectively shut down our sport. My other sport is Jeeping, and the actions of a few (of our own) have really impacted the legislative and litigative actions against us, shutting down much of the sport all across the U.S.
    BoatCop's statistics aside, the use of a few relatively isolated incidents as anecdotal evidence in an age of protectionism and litigation can shut down our boats, and if you aren't seeing that yet, then get your head out of the sand and find a clue. We need to self police, and a certain number of posts or a join date won't change that. This list helps us exchange information about our sport, our boats, that places we go, and the cool stuff we enjoy when we go there. "We can all hang together, or surely we will all hang seperately."
    I'd like to be friends with all, enjoy a cold brew with you sometime after a day on the lake, and count each of you in the second category above, BUT...
    I don't plan to stop boating, seeing how I just bought a new big fast boat. I plan to boat on Lake Havasu, since I have a house there. Next time that I am avoiding the rocks after some numbnuts tries to push me there, I'll be sure to get side numbers/color/year/make/model and give them to BoatCop. And yes, I can probably run you down, or at least get close enough to take a picture. Not that I'll do that.

GHT
    Well now that we know you're a safe boater and someone drove past you like an assho!e and they should have been ticketed and it wasn't Kilr. I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm sure all of us here are glad you and your family are safe..
    It is a well known fact that Havasu has it's fair share of Newby, drunk, and unknowledgable boaters. It is, however, good you were paying attention.
    Boat safe.
    Also, just so you know..... There are many on this site that have defended this country so that YOU were able to have the opertunity to serve and live in this fine country as well.
    9.5 Years for me...:idea:

Forkin' Crazy
    Nice switch into defensive mode. I win.
    Yep, you win!!!

MR HARLEY
    He was, however, the one who posted on here about his actions violating the inland rules of the road in a restricted manuvering situation which almost ending in his running over another boat, or pair of boats.
    Were you there? Did you see him doing what you just posted above?
    Or
    Is this another one of your calculations?
    Guess what I was THERE and saw the WHOLE thing and it was nothing how you described in your above text. So before your next assumption get a clue. :idea:

Kilrtoy
    BUT if you are VERY sure it was him..... Good for you and Shame on him.
    There is already too much drama here don't try to stir the pot.[/QUOTE]
    Seems like this kind of antic is typical for this guy. Was just talking about the infamous blue/orange/twin wacker dcb to some friends. Saturday, 11:30, just above the shallows and entering the first tight left hand turn going to the sandbar...a pontoon to the right, tight with the reeds, a hallet running about 45 mph up the middle, me following just to his port waiting for after the turn to pass...a bass boat to the far left just past the turn looking to cross...over my shoulder to my port...there it is running a good 80-85, on the california side, not a glance from the driver as he cut in front of me, caused the bass boat to pull a full reverse, and the "skilled operator" of the dcb did not even blink...he did get a good spot on the sand bar though...his family looked safe there....
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...[/QUOTE]
    I will tell you, you are full of shit.....
    I was not travelling close to that speed, I was maybe going 60 and you were probably going 25.... Idid not cut youor anyone off.
    As far as the cali side, yes i do travell on that side when it is clear, as do a helluva lot of other people...

Kilrtoy
    the narrow part of the river where the rocks jut out on the Cali side and the marsh is shallow on the Azz side, southbound, about 9:30 Saturday morning, doing 80, splitting between an X-Flight southbound at 45-50 and a bathtub northbound at about 30? Someone, I didn't catch the boat type, split us as we met in that narrows, so that he must have cleared both of us by about 20 feet. Nice.
    We've been reading these threads on the dangers of boating in Havasu, and sure enough, here comes this guy zooming through. Both boats made it fine, in case you were wondering. I considered running him down and yelling at him/catching his side numbers, but that would have required me to scare the bejeezus out of the pontoon that he almost nailed after he left us, as well as go fast through the shallows where the river enters the main lake. Since I'd only had the boat for two lake days, I figured I should learn to drive it better first.
    Yeah it was me who cut you off, from the trailer in the boat repair shop.
    Next time you get cut off anywhere, Just blame me and post it,
    GEN-E-OUS I tell ya

MR HARLEY
    Yeah it was me who cut you off, from the trailer in the boat repair shop.
    Next time you get cut off anywhere, Just blame me and post it,
    GEN-E-OUS I tell ya
    According to him though he:
    didn't get a color, or side numbers, or even a brand. It probably wasn't kilrtoy, and I have no way to know if it was or wasn't. I don't know him or his boat.
    Yet he still felt the need to start a thread and blame you, and then retracts from his previous statement, yes another genius go figure.

nodigg
    Too late to take me up on my offer (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=14), until the 24th.....
    Thanks, I'll be looking till then...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast