Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey klrtoy was that you who came flying through....

Phat Matt

Kachina26
    Dude..... If you want to be in a chop, just ask!

Please chop me, trains, planes or boats, it's all good

boatsnblondes
    I wasn't there, so I have no opinion....but...Kilr DOES seem to know his shit....better he run through there like that than some newbie....Kilr, go home and have your wife spank you for splashing all the nice people....and say sorry....:devil:

OGShocker
    Obviously, only time spent online chatting from the safety of the continental United States, from a place where there is a computer connection, qualifies one to have any say about inland rules of the road (which are quite different from from international rules of the road). I would guess that the 20-er-some years spent navigiating, driving, conning, etc, 837+ foot long ships powered by two modified "D" boilers crossconnected in heavy traffic while watching out for Soviet (or Iranian, or Iraqi, or - well you get the idea) long range bombers/modified fighters/hacked up Cessnas loaded with explosives off the coast of somewhere, in the dark, with the lights off, while trying not to to run over the lobster pots that were the main staple of some poor local guys family's existence, through burning oil wells (not all of these at the same time, to be sure) means that I don't know that the course and speed of the vessel that overtook me was unsafe, and that because I was out there all that time, I have no right to pass on what I saw. Yup, it was your right to say what you want that I was defending, so I was a little behind on my post count, relative to those who lived in the confort and safety of the U.S. I am also lacking somewhat in social skills from years of dealing with two basic kinds of people - those who want to kill me and those with me, and those who are working with me to keep the others from killing us. Feel better now? (which are you, by the way?)

I am just a guy who seems to have pissed in the ear of a Merchant Marine. Sorry, salty.
    In the words of SWB, " You can type anything here, end it in a [ ] and all is forgiven"...

OGShocker
    Hey, look, the newbies are sticking up for themselves. And all it cost me was OGTalker calling me a woman hitter. My work here is done.
    Never did I call you a women "hitter". But I have a couple of PM's you sent threatening to.
    Have a nice day and thank you for your service.

gmocnik
    BUT if you are VERY sure it was him..... Good for you and Shame on him.
    There is already too much drama here don't try to stir the pot.
    Seems like this kind of antic is typical for this guy. Was just talking about the infamous blue/orange/twin wacker dcb to some friends. Saturday, 11:30, just above the shallows and entering the first tight left hand turn going to the sandbar...a pontoon to the right, tight with the reeds, a hallet running about 45 mph up the middle, me following just to his port waiting for after the turn to pass...a bass boat to the far left just past the turn looking to cross...over my shoulder to my port...there it is running a good 80-85, on the california side, not a glance from the driver as he cut in front of me, caused the bass boat to pull a full reverse, and the "skilled operator" of the dcb did not even blink...he did get a good spot on the sand bar though...his family looked safe there....
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...[/QUOTE]
    I will tell you, you are full of shit.....
    I was not travelling close to that speed, I was maybe going 60 and you were probably going 25.... Idid not cut youor anyone off.
    As far as the cali side, yes i do travell on that side when it is clear, as do a helluva lot of other people...[/QUOTE]
    Mr. kilrtoy,
    i have been known to be full of shit, that is a fact I will not argue. However, the account of the incident is accurate and witnessed by three other adults onboard (passengers who alerted me to the boat approaching from behind). My speed, was 62 mph, noted as I approached the hallett. Your speed was well above that. You did cut off the bass boat (that you obviously never saw). Just think about your last statement "As far as the cali side, yes i do travell on that side..." Against the traffic pattern, impossible to see around corners, and unnecessary if you have the driving skills and abilities you claim. The throttle works both directions in most boats I have been aboard, and my training "by the best" has taught me when to push forward and when to pull back. To excuse yourself because "you were trained by the best" is just plain arrogance and disrespectfull to those whose lives you put in jeopardy. I suppose you are looking for all us to concede to your notion that because you claim to have superior driving skills that you should be forgiven for your reckless driving. Your attitude and behavior is just like the adolescent driver who pays his $400 for the NASCAR experience at Fontana, thinks he is "trained", and then races home on the I-15...Unfortunatly there is no training for common sense...
    That sandbar has been there for a long time. It will still be there if you have to slow down to accomodate slower traffic.
    Call me full of shit...maybe, but not in this case...
    Call me for a free paid admission to any Coast Guard boating class or a free download of the Coast Guard on-line boating safety class. What could it hurt? Professional drivers, pilots, and yes, those men in blue, all take refresher driving classes all the time. Even if they were originally "trained by the best"..
    It is time to get on the freeway and haul ass to get to work "everybody else does it".....

That Guy
    Somebody is not entitled to a more relative opinion on a subject based on their post count. If that were the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation since I have 9000 more posts than you. If they have something to say, listen and then respond. Don't automatically dismiss them because they have a low post count.
    It's not about sugar coating it, it's about forming a well articulated response based on some facts. "Shut the hell up newbie" is not a well thought out post.
    Nice....

Kilrtoy
    Seems like this kind of antic is typical for this guy. Was just talking about the infamous blue/orange/twin wacker dcb to some friends. Saturday, 11:30, just above the shallows and entering the first tight left hand turn going to the sandbar...a pontoon to the right, tight with the reeds, a hallet running about 45 mph up the middle, me following just to his port waiting for after the turn to pass...a bass boat to the far left just past the turn looking to cross...over my shoulder to my port...there it is running a good 80-85, on the california side, not a glance from the driver as he cut in front of me, caused the bass boat to pull a full reverse, and the "skilled operator" of the dcb did not even blink...he did get a good spot on the sand bar though...his family looked safe there....
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...
    I was not travelling close to that speed, I was maybe going 60 and you were probably going 25.... Idid not cut youor anyone off.
    As far as the cali side, yes i do travell on that side when it is clear, as do a helluva lot of other people...[/QUOTE]
    Mr. kilrtoy,
    i have been known to be full of shit, that is a fact I will not argue. However, the account of the incident is accurate and witnessed by three other adults onboard (passengers who alerted me to the boat approaching from behind). My speed, was 62 mph, noted as I approached the hallett. Your speed was well above that. You did cut off the bass boat (that you obviously never saw). Just think about your last statement "As far as the cali side, yes i do travell on that side..." Against the traffic pattern, impossible to see around corners, and unnecessary if you have the driving skills and abilities you claim. The throttle works both directions in most boats I have been aboard, and my training "by the best" has taught me when to push forward and when to pull back. To excuse yourself because "you were trained by the best" is just plain arrogance and disrespectfull to those whose lives you put in jeopardy. I suppose you are looking for all us to concede to your notion that because you claim to have superior driving skills that you should be forgiven for your reckless driving. Your attitude and behavior is just like the adolescent driver who pays his $400 for the NASCAR experience at Fontana, thinks he is "trained", and then races home on the I-15...Unfortunatly there is no training for common sense...
    That sandbar has been there for a long time. It will still be there if you have to slow down to accomodate slower traffic.
    Call me for a free paid admission to any Coast Guard boating class or a free download of the Coast Guard on-line boating safety class. What could it hurt? Professional drivers, pilots, and yes, those men in blue, all take refresher driving classes all the time. Even if they were originally "trained by the best"..
    It is time to get on the freeway and haul ass to get to work "everybody else does it".....[/QUOTE]
    Im not gonna sit here and discuss my boat/engine issues with you, but at the time you were stating this horrid occurrence took place,I was travelling at 60 like stated. I was having an engine issue and could not even get my boat up to 80MPH and If I remember correctly because that little red hallet does stick out in my mind, I was going somewhere around 45 because i had just went past a few jet skis that were zigging and zagging up the river right there and slowed to 35.

Kilrtoy
    just because the boat is capable of high speed does not mean you can put others in danger to go that fast...
    Mr. kilrtoy,
    It is time to get on the freeway and haul ass to get to work "everybody else does it".....[/QUOTE]
    Im not gonna sit here and discuss my boat/engine issues with you, but at the time you were stating this horrid occurrence took place,I was travelling at 60 like stated. I was having an engine issue and could not even get my boat up to 80MPH and If I remember correctly because that little red hallet does stick out in my mind, I was going somewhere around 45 because i had just went past a few jet skis that were zigging and zagging up the river right there and slowed to 35.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast