Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earnhardt has to give up number 8

MBlaster
    I can't believe that people actually obsess about this stupid shiat.
    Ohhh Theresa's such a biatch,
    Ohhh free the 8,
    Ohhh what will happen to Jr?
    Oh Oh Oh...
    Pfff... NECKCAR sucks.

HighRoller
    No need to obsess. Ray Charles could have seen this one coming. But Teresa is a bitch for making a man sue her for HIS NAME! I am surprised that Hendrick couldn't make the Bud deal happen. I'd seriously consider burning a few bridges to get a package that included the most popular driver in NASCAR and the best sponsor in the sports world. Hell, any team owner would offer to go downtown on that skag Teresa to get that deal done :devil:

scooooter7
    I think Mark Martin is gonna be driving the number 8 next year. Watch and see.

Flyinbowtie
    Hendrick knew full well that Bud wasn't gonna come along long before the ink was dry on the contract. He had sponsorship commitments in place long before he signed the "Dale Jr. money machine", this guy is nobodies fool.
    However, The Widow Earnhardt, even with the help of the Music Guy, doesn' seem to understand how the game is played, selling that number to H.M. would have at least helped her stave off some of the enourmous monetary loss she and her now-dying company will experience by letting the Kid With the Name get away.
    I hear tell that the Armored Cars have been rolling out of DEI on a daily basis, headed for H.M., riding on the suspension stops.
    NASCAR is big business, and Teresa appears to be out of her league.
    While I am no big "8" fan, it doesn't take a expert or a insider to know that putting some other poor shumck in a car with an 8 on it would be a bad idea for DEI, and if you think those folks with 8 tattooed on their foreheads have thrown stuff before, well, ya ain't seen nothin' yet.
    Of course, they won't be throwing anything until they all get back from the Hendrick Motorsports Tee-Shirt Trailer, where there will be long lines as they are all going to be spending bazillions of dollars buying new Kid With The Name stuff...with his new number and his new sponsor...
    Think maybe they planned this all from the gitgo?:idea:

Prop Rod
    In regards to the number 8, that was Ralphs number, I think it should be able to stay in the family.

DaveA
    Things were moving along in negotiations until they couldn't get around 'The Widow Earnhart' (I LOVE that) demanding a percentage of souvenir sales tied to the #8. Shame to a degree...it was Grandpa Ralph Earnhardt's # back in the day. You'd think there'd be some degree of sentimentality/sympathy toward such a thing, (and there is to a degree) but the money's the thing, and it's way too great a thing in this sport.

Pro Max
    I saw a gut with a #8 tattoo, I hope to se him again so I can fall on the floor laughing!!!
    Nascar is so GAY
    Id rater watch the grass grow

cc322
    Nascar:sleeping:hey guys how about a right turn sometimes. Between that and scoccer I think I would rather watch gayolf

AZJD
    I see nothing but doom in DEI's future. With JR. gone they have marginal talent at best behind the wheel. The best thing going for them is their engines, but Mr H will likely persuade many of the engine shop guys and crew members from Jr's team to come over eventually. Face it; the future of Cashcar is going to boil down to Gibbs, Hendrick, Roush and Childress. They will soon have the top 20 drivers between them and all the good sponsors.
    5 years ago it took 10 million to win a championship. Now it takes 25-30. 5 years from now it will take 50million. Even now it takes more than one primary sponsor for most teams to meet their budget. 10 years from now it will take Formula 1 money to compete and Cashcar will collapse just like CART did when tickets cost 100 bucks for nosebleed and T-shirts are 50-75 bucks.
    Don't look now, but it seems Martin Truex Jr. is is a dog fight for a title right now. 6th at the Glen isn't to bad. I am putting my money on Truex Jr to win the championship. Late season charge and a consistent ability to run up fron at any track.......he's got my vote as a top driver in his second year nextel cup.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Remember that commercial about Dale at a press conference changing his number from #8..that tat, the topiary, the garage door, etc......:idea: Then it was a big joke at the end....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast