Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BoatCop: Wake Surfing Takes ?

Trailer Park Casanova
    All I've seen of it are kids dripping over the transom and standing on the swimstep of the boat in motion perhaps to build a bigger wake and help the surfer get launched & dialed in.
    Nothing gets the LEOS attention & a floating visit from them faster than that.
    Lessons and technique seem like a must as for the fresh air exhaust.
    I simply swim up to the stearn and a few whifs and I'm almost down for the count.

pw_Tony
    It's great if you like surfing . One time though I got kinda close to the boat with the board, but no drive was to be worried.
    http://i15.tinypic.com/4mhxrh0.jpg

Coach
    All I've seen of it are kids dripping over the transom and standing on the swimstep of the boat in motion perhaps to build a bigger wake and help the surfer get launched & dialed in.
    Nothing gets the LEOS attention & a floating visit from them faster than that.
    Lessons and technique seem like a must as for the fresh air exhaust.
    I simply swim up to the stearn and a few whifs and I'm almost down for the count.
    That is dumb to be hanging on the rear Transom. I have seen it as well and it is not necessary if you weight your boat properly. Each boat is a bit different but I can put 700 lbs of ballast in the center and rear locker and put about 7 bodies from the middle center around the observers side and get a great wake. We still get a good wake with no ballast and 4 people on one side. No need to bring on a safety check and ticket. Keep'm in the boat while in motion and have a great time!

Coach
    First I've seen of the Fresh Air Exhaust. Looks like it would take care of the CO problem.
    As far as the technique for getting up on a surfboard. Those trained by someone who knows what they're doing wouldn't be a problem. But we all know that very few people on the water have ANY kind of boating training and learn by trial and error.
    Unfortunately, some of those errors prove fatal.
    Great to know about the FAE. I just like to call that Darwinism! Let the dumb and weak remove themselves from this earth so we can attempt to strengthen the gene pool.

Shorty|Ultra
    I don't mind too much with my direct drive,, but with a exposed prop boat gotta be hairy.
    Wakesurfing behind an i/o is big no, I would really think twice about even considering doing anything behind an i/o with an exposed prop that would require anyone to be in danger of falling in or getting close to the prop.
    Prop vs. Hand, The prop will always win.
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...man/348510.jpg

squirt'nmyload
    now thats fukkin bad...i just vomited a little

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12