Thread: GM Winters Foundry Snowflake

nater1823
    :idea: Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these and what they are typically worth. I have a set of aluminum rectangle port BBC heads and aluminum intake with the Winters Foundry snowflake on them. They must be kind of rare. The casting #s say they are from 1969-1971, but thats all I can really find about them. Just hoping for a little more info., thats all. I know it doesn't sound jet boat related, but that's what I have on my Biesemeyer. THANKS

502 JET
    How much thier worth depends on the condition of them.
    If the are totally bone stock with no repairs they may fetch upwards of 3k to the rite person that is. Someone who is restoring a Vette, Camaro, or Chevelle would be the one who would pay the most.
    If they have been hack ported and have had the typical stud boss repairs they will be worth considerably less.
    If you really want to know what they are worth, list them on EBAY.

wet77
    check out Mortech.com for more info on the parts, and yes they are worth some good money to the right people. I am restoring a 1969 427 vette right now and started looking around for more 427 parts, these guys are nuts about trying to make a numbers matching or at least a date correct motor for there vette's and camaro's.
    I figured I can build a better motor out of new aftermarket parts for allot less so I have given up on the old motor search, if those are rectangle port heads they might be off a high horse power vette motor or for a copo camaro.
    Check out some of the vette and camaro websites and see what they are asking for them.
    Good luck

HalletDave
    :idea: Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these and what they are typically worth. I have a set of aluminum rectangle port BBC heads and aluminum intake with the Winters Foundry snowflake on them. They must be kind of rare. The casting #s say they are from 1969-1971, but thats all I can really find about them. Just hoping for a little more info., thats all. I know it doesn't sound jet boat related, but that's what I have on my Biesemeyer. THANKS
    I think what you are referring to is the COPO 3933163 aluminum intake.
    396/427 COPO Camaro
    You could purchase this intake back in the day over the parts counter at almost any Chevy dealer. Not real rare but actually a pretty decent intake for a mild engine. Hardin Marine stuck one on the 454 in my 77 Hallett along with 990 heads and 4 bolt main block.
    I still have mine, it really doesn't take up that much room in the garage.

Desert68
    http://www.mortec.com/location.htm
    Anyone doing a restoration of a car that originally had factory aluminum BBC heads, and needed a set, would pay good $$$ for a set with the right date codes. National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS) allows a six month window prior to the vehicle build date to be considered matching numbers. Check both heads to see if the casting dates are the same or very close - matched set. There were a number of RPO codes for BBC engines with aluminum heads.
    There is a collective knowledge at www.ncrs.org on the techincal discussion forum that is simply amazing. Post the casting number and casting dates and they'll give you the info.

Desert68
    http://www.mortec.com/location.htm
    Anyone doing a restoration of a car that originally had factory aluminum BBC heads, and needed a set, would pay good $$$ for a set with the right date codes. National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS) allows a six month window prior to the vehicle build date to be considered matching numbers. Check both heads to see if the casting dates are the same or very close - matched set. There were a number of RPO codes for BBC engines with aluminum heads.
    There is a collective knowledge at www.ncrs.org on the techincal discussion forum that is simply amazing. Post the casting number and casting dates and they'll give you the info.