Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NHRA kicks Cashcar's ass...

Sleek-Jet
    We'll see what happens now that NHRA is owned by a media conglomerate... I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling that NHRA has a case of NASCAR envy...
    Note the new Race to the Finish point system this year. The last few seasons have been exciting because the top teams have fought it out all season, all the way to Pomona. It all seems a little like false drama... time will tell I guess. :idea:

RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch
    Postponed another focking day. Hope the weather improves so can see some racing.
    http://www.nhra.com/content/news/results/23402.htm

77charger
    good thing about nascar is even if it gets postponed to midweek i can hear it on sirius.
    Nhra gets postponed i cant hear about til i get home.

franky
    Wow, interesting post. I will have to remember that as I am flying to BRISTOL tommorrow!!!!

boater72
    We'll see what happens now that NHRA is owned by a media conglomerate... I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling that NHRA has a case of NASCAR envy...
    Note the new Race to the Finish point system this year. The last few seasons have been exciting because the top teams have fought it out all season, all the way to Pomona. It all seems a little like false drama... time will tell I guess. :idea:
    NHRA is not owned by a media conglomerate ( HD Partners Acquisition Corporation) yet. The SEC has to approve the deal and there are many things going on still.
    You say the last few seasons have been exciting is an understatement

Sleek-Jet
    NHRA is not owned by a media conglomerate ( HD Partners Acquisition Corporation) yet. The SEC has to approve the deal and there are many things going on still.
    You say the last few seasons have been exciting is an understatement
    I thought the deal was already done... :idea:
    I just hope they don't fock it up for the fans, by chasing the almighty dollar. If they ever start charging for pit passes I'll quit going.

Baja Big Dog
    Guess Im strange..(go ahead..flame me a-holes!! ) but I love racing, dirt, circles, horses, straight lines...anything...
    But my heart is still with the drags...to quote Huffpower, the drags a very "user friendly"!!

*BN*
    NHRA was the shiznit till this year.
    You can already see teammates letting other teammates winning to get in the NASCAR CHASE. But it is not only teammates OTHER TEAMS are letting others win to get in. Is there payola?
    Next race they will be running there chase through to the end of the season. Now doesn't it make sense that EVERY teammate just let the other teammate win if one is in the chase and the other is not?
    We will have to wait and see but I have a feeling it wont be racing it will be free pass time especially with the multi car teams with 3-4 cars in the field.
    Hope I'm wrong.

HighRoller
    This is a very real possibility with 1 or 2 races left. If one car is pretty much out of the points the other car will win. But unlike CASHCAR, small teams still have a chance in NHRA. Just ask Fuller, Mclenathan, Head, Wilkerson and Gaines. These guys are always on the cusp of winning and they are dramatically underfunded. As long as NHRA does not change its qualifying practices it will stay like that. Top teams do have bad weekends and DNQ when other teams run good. That's RACING.
    In Cashcar, you don't even have to pull your car out of the hauler til sunday if you're in the top 35. Pathetic. The sponsor run Cashcar, not the France's. When the sponsors from the west coast demanded a race, Cashcar threw the Southern 500 in the trash can to sign the back of a big check. But they have theirs coming. Anytime you forget your roots you're doomed. The same three teams have won the cup for 10 years running and nothing will change. The Busch series will be dead within 5 years because the cup teams have been allowed to run amok with their drivers, budgets and equipment to beat up on smaller teams. Soon there will be no smaller teams and nobody will want to watch 20 cup teams when they can watch 43 on Sunday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast