Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone run a 4 7 swap camshaft?

flattie
    Did anyone run one of these cams? How do they like it? Does the engine sound any diffrent?

Did anyone run one of these cams? How do they like it? Does the engine sound any diffrent?
    Engine sounds the same. They do make a little more power. If you are dragboat racing trying to squeeze everything out of your motor then put one in. If not, you probably wouldn't notice a difference between the two.

flattie
    Well Im going to try to pick out a bigger cam for my engine within the next few week or so. Just wondering if it is something I should consider doing

It you are buying a new cam either way, get a 4/7 deal. Just dont forget to redo the plug wires.

PGF500
    I have one in my pro gas engine. If you have an over sized cam 54mm I have a brand new spare comp cams. Don't know the exact numbers on but I can look on the box. Let me know if you are interested.
    Cole

flattie
    ordered one today custom grind I did the 4-7 swap along with a 3-5 swap. Should be a brain buster for the next guy

the real k-boat king
    It you are buying a new cam either way, get a 4/7 deal. Just dont forget to redo the plug wires.
    dam i didn't know you were a engine pro to.

steelcomp
    A header change is usually a good idea to take advantage of the 4-7 swap. Honestly, most guys leave so much power on the table by overlooking other things they should be concentrating on, that they'll never really get the benefit out of a 4-7 swap. If you have everything absolutely dialed in with your combination, then -sometimes- a 4-7 will net you more power. Rarely, though. I woldn't bother.

turbo wog
    i had a fuel problem & burned # 7 (3 times) & # 4 once with # 7 . . the 4-7 swap would have gave me a little insurance from what i understand. its in the degrees of which they fire .7 gets some exaust pushed into the cylinder from 5 i believe? (not sure wich cylinder 4 gets heated by) but causes temp in 7 to go up hotter than the other cylinders & put exaust in cylinder also. it doesn't matter if you have long tube headers but water logs it does. someone else might know the exact facts,but this is what ive been told.

LandSpeedRacer
    Hey man . . . . .
    After reading your post . . . . .
    I think what you need is two more turbos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast