Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cobras new 290 Viper SXT is trick

FASTERDAMITT
    Hmmm... So, ??? The only thing that caught my eye was how well it supposedly handled the OFFSHORE SWELLS!

HP350SC
    So what is the real story on how this boat handles? Anybody ridden in one? Are they unstable or what? Personally, I like the looks of it. I am also sold on the hull design if it has been executed properly.

FASTERDAMITT
    Now that this thread is back on top, I will say I like the boat. If you only boated on inland lakes it would work for the most. However, it is not an ocean boat I don't care what the mag says. Morning rollers ok, but afternoon is for deep V's. Cheers to Cobra for stepping out of the boundries.

HP350SC
    I like this boat a lot. Anything without canopies doesn't even catch my eye anymore.
    I'm sure it would be fine for the water conditions I boat on.
    While those V-10's make some good torque, I would have to go something along the lines of a Teague 900...mid-high 90's?

hulshot
    I too like the looks of the boat. my old mod v proved itself to me at over 140. I have talked with someone at cobra about the boat but they really I think had only tested one at that time. I still have a 1200 hp motor that I discussed putting into one with the new sc1000 drive but they said it would probably hit 130 or so. I would like to know about more testing with big power before investing in something like this. Is there anymore info from outside sources about this boat?

ELIMINAT THIS
    I too like the looks of the boat. my old mod v proved itself to me at over 140. I have talked with someone at cobra about the boat but they really I think had only tested one at that time. I still have a 1200 hp motor that I discussed putting into one with the new sc1000 drive but they said it would probably hit 130 or so. I would like to know about more testing with big power before investing in something like this. Is there anymore info from outside sources about this boat?
    Hey Don if I ever sale my boat this would be on my very short list.

HP350SC
    Damn it Don, I get a Stoker YOU get a Stoker. I take a hanker to this thing and now you're on it. I think I'll take a look at the 26' Howard cat ->hahaha
    Seriously though, I think it's a good looking boat. I would prefer closed bow however. Would be nice to hear how it handles at 120 or so.

hulshot
    funny! I just spoke with Jay from cobra yesterday and am waiting for him to call back with some details about a project idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12