Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old magazine reference please! :)

berk
    hi, can anyone please help me find a picture of a boat in the mag a few years back? it was a low pro v drive bubble deck or similar and the paint was made to look like plates of steel riveted together. i think it also had a checkered flag integrated into it on one side. its the paint scheme i am interested in for another project. any help would be appreciated! thanks - b

sanger rat
    Are you thinking of Jet Hydro's boat?

I remember that one. I don't remember a flag, but I do remember the realistic way they did the skin peeling away from the riveted panels. Awesome paint job. For some reason I was thinking it was a hydro v-drive though.

berk
    could have been i really cant remember, probably since the metal looking paint belied the glass under it! i wish i had kept that issue, but it got lost i think.....

TrollerDave
    The Nov/Dec 1998 has a 501 Kurti Kraft hydro called Live Wire on the cover with that type of paint. Air Syndicate painted the boat.

That's the one I was thinking of. Absoutely incredible paint job. I'm usually pretty traditional with paint colors on boats preferring a couple three colors, but that thing was really great and must've cost a fortune to have done.

berk
    hmmm, i dont remember it being on the cover, but maybe i had a different cover, actually thats too old, i am thinking this was around 02-04 somtime. i couldnt find anything on the Air Syndicate site

Berk could this have been a Blown jet in silvers,grays ,blues etc ? wild "rivet" graffics" and other hallucinagenic crazy stuff, if so I photoed it in Santa Maria when i bought his other boat circa 2001 or so That boat was painted by some suposedly famous folks in Bakersfield Calif as I remember and was in HB at some point I'll try to dig up the pics Tom

berk
    thanks! yes i remember some blues, and the boat was photographed in what looked like a garage or somewhere inside where it lives on its trailer probably. septembers mag actually has a boat similar painted on page 90 in the aft section, but i think the one i am thinking was slightly better done.

502 JET
    This sounds like the boat your describing. Hot Boat magazine Aug. 06 page126. Yes Hot Boat has a magazine.:jawdrop: Sorry about the giant pic.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...icture_006.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast