Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Wanted" Hot Rod Lake/River Boats

Squirtin Thunder
    The SCSC Nostalgia Jet Class is looking for Two or Three jet boat guys to step up at Bakersfield on Oct. 6th & 7th at Lake Ming. We are looking for guys to help fill the class. There will be $500 purse presented by Rush Truck Centers for the weekend along with some trophies and plaques.
    APBA / SCSC Nostalgia Jet General Rules
    1) Required: Minimum of 3 - 9 Boats.
    2) Maximum hull length of 21'. All boat hulls are to be twenty (20) years or older, or a similar replica of a hull twenty (20) years or older.
    3) Entry Fee: $100/average per day, rates may vary.
    4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership). All drivers and riders must be listed as APBA Inboard Endurance members. All drivers and riders must provide proof of a certified FAA or DOT physical.
    5) Plus SCSC membership fee - $20/year, or affiliated race site club membership.
    6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification. All rookie drivers must place a 1” wide “X” on the back of helmet for a period on one calendar year. All safety equipment MUST be worn properly per manufacturers specified instructions. Failure to do so will be disqualification for that heat race.
    7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules. Safety inspections are mandatory and boats must be in mechanically sound condition and pass required APBA safety rules.
    8) No Jet-A-way required.
    9) MANDATORY GPS – ALL competitors must have a hand held GPS to compete. GPS must have max speed sensor and recording. All GPS units will be checked prior to and after each race. If the GPS unit is inoperative or does not register or registers a skewed reading, that driver will be penalized one lap. Second offense will result in disqualification from racing at that weekend. A Driver will not be scored and lose any points earned if found to have raced without a GPS on board. No GPS shall leave competitors boat until checked by official.
    10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH. Speed will be monitored and recorded by a hand held GPS unit with recall. Any competitor who exceeds 80.9 – 84.9 mph will be penalized one lap. Any competitor who exceeds 84.9 mph will be disqualified for the weekend. Any competitor who is penalized for two weekends will no long be eligible to compete in any future Nostalgia class races.
    11) Kill switch.
    12) Helmet restraints.
    13) All drivers must wear long durable pants and a long sleeve shirt. It is recommended that drivers wear a full length, one or two-piece, 1 layer driving suit.
    14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, injection, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines. Any fuel, gas, diesel, etc may be used.
    15) Turning Rudder - must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the lowest point of the jet nozzle housing and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches.
    16) Jet-O-vator or Place Diverter adjustable nozzles may be used. A Diverter stop is required and the rooster tail is not to exceed 4’-5’ off the water, this also includes fixed nozzle boats. Diverter shall remain in the full down position at all times when operating in or near pit row. Upon departure from pit row, the nozzle shall remain in the full down position until safely on the racecourse. Failure to do so will results in one lap penalty.
    17) Through bolted loader must be securely attached using 4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts.
    18) The numbers must be starting with nj or cj, and per APBA specified rules.
    19) The race heat will consist of a minimum of 2 warm-up laps and 4 race laps.
    20) Infraction/Penalty for buoy: Hitting a buoy results in one lap penalty. Killing or damaging a buoy results in one lap penalty and $200 fine.
    21) The Nostalgia Jet Racing Season runs from March through November.
    22) Nostalgia Jet bonus points of 5 points per event, are awarded to competitors that travel outside the class to help promote boat racing. Any event such as The Burley Regatta, The Nostalgia Cup and The Parker 300 Enduro or similar are accepted. To receive credit you must have proof that you registered and at least started the race.
    23) Boat/Driver Points, as it stands now the driver will get the credit at the race site and receive the points for that event per SCSC. At the end of season, the points go to the boat per APBA.
    24) Have fun and be safe. Safety is of paramount concern. All rulings by race officials for the Nostalgia Classes will be done to promote and maintain safety. All competitors will operate under that premise and there will be NO compromise for safety.

victorfb
    Hummmm? damn it jim, you know darn well toni wouldnt let me, but then again if i can find a sponsor for the entry fee, fuel, and safety gear?
    oh wait, id need to make a rudder too. damn friggin rules.

Daytona100
    Good luck. Mike

Ralph Brunt
    Hummmm? damn it jim, you know darn well toni wouldnt let me, but then again if i can find a sponsor for the entry fee, fuel, and safety gear?
    oh wait, id need to make a rudder too. damn friggin rules.
    you dont need a sponsor you just need to win (if you can) and take home the $$$$$, if you show up and dont have a rudder i'll give you one.

Goad
    This is how serious I am about promoting this class....
    I am offering $200 (1 paid 2 day registration) to anyone that wants to go out and run this class at Lake Ming in Bakersfield, CA in September.
    The only catch is that you gotta run my stickers
    Just like a crack dealer giving out candy at the playground, you will return for more.
    Obviously, this offer isnt for cj53, cj812, cj72, cj22, cj410, or cj288.
    PM me if youre interested.

Ralph Brunt
    This is how serious I am about promoting this class....
    I am offering $200 (1 paid 2 day registration) to anyone that wants to go out and run this class at Lake Ming in Bakersfield, CA in September.
    The only catch is that you gotta run my stickers
    Just like a crack dealer giving out candy at the playground, you will return for more.
    Obviously, this offer isnt for cj53, cj812, cj72, cj22, cj410, or cj288.
    PM me if youre interested.
    you suck:devil:
    good job goad they dont have any excuses now.
    lets do it guys!!! we are all serious about this class and we will do just about anything to get you guys out there, because we know once you do it your life will never be the same.
    you can contact any one of us and we will help you.

the return of the donut club
    watch it folks... he's back

pw_Tony
    Who are you?

Bottle Fed
    not the forbidden donut, say its not true. Let me know James if you are planning on doing this race so I can plan on being there.

Ralph Brunt
    I'M ASKING ALL OF YOU TO PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ABOUT RACING
    we as a class are trying to promote this thing not just one guy, and as you can see there is prize money as well as one paid entry for any one who would like to participate.
    thank you ralph cj812

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast